Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Lite Loads

revchuck

The best load I used for minor in a G35 was 3.3gr titegroup with a 180gr bullet over the top. OAL 1.125". It was so soft, the gun looked as though it wasn't recoiling at all...it was MUCH softer than any factory 9mm offering.

The best load I used for minor in a G35 was 3.3gr titegroup with a 180gr bullet over the top. OAL 1.125". It was so soft, the gun looked as though it wasn't recoiling at all...it was MUCH softer than any factory 9mm offering.

Sorry to hijack the thread, what recoil spring weight are you using? I can only get about 3.6 to get the gun to work reliably. :blink:

The softest I have found is 2.6 gr of Clays behind a Berry's 200 gr rnfp loaded to 1.140-1.145. It made a 132 power factor at the Golden Bullet Championsip this weekend out of my G35 with a KKM barrel. Some guys were giving me a hard time saying that I need to take the .22 conversion off for a major competition :D

• 1 month later...

I may as well chime in here.. In my Sig 229 (with a reduced 13# wolff spring) I was using either 3.5 of titegroup behind a West coast 180 plated RN-FP or 4.0 gr of 231 with the same bullet weight. Soft, accurate, and a happy nut behind the gun :)

I've also loaded it with 180 Bear creek truncated cones and the 4.0 of 231 with equally good luck.

Vince

3.45gr VV320 and a Zero 180gr. JHP @ 1.13"

Vel=763, PF=137.3, SD=9

Super soft and will trickle the brass at your feet with a stock recoil spring, works great with a 13lb spring. Still takes down steel with gusto.