Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Legal Mag Pouch And Gun Holster?

Frank79

I'm thinking of getting an uncle mikes mag pouch and holster. All I have are net pics of them for now and i'm not sure if they are legal. Could you guys take a look? Can I see some examples of the stuff that you use?? I'm looking for it to be on the inexpensive side (under $70 for holster and enough pouches to fit 4 mags)

Mag pouches:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=677262

Holsters:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=501400

i have a uncle mike's mag holder but not the holster. if the mag holder and holster use similar belt loops, i don't think the holster will be legal. the IDPA rule book shows a legal and not legal holster. the not legal holster belt loop looks to be the same as my uncle mikes mag carrier. funny thing is, in the rulebook it doesn't say anything about attachment options for mag carriers.

Take a look at the blade-tech injection molded holsters and mag pouches. I recently recieved a set for my G19 and don't see any problems. They have a combo offer where you can get a mag pouch, paddle, and the belt holster for $40 or it's cheaper to buy the pieces seperately if you don't want a paddle.

Compared to uncle mikes IM holsters, the BT material is thinner and not as stiff but it seems to draw smoother. The mag pouches are basic and functional; I can't imagine IDPA having a problem with them unless it was for the tek-lock belt attachment.

I dont think blade tech makes a holster for the P226. Is the uncle mikes paddle holster legal? Whats a good decently priced legal holster??

I'm going to a gun show this weekend to pick a holster up. Could you tell me what makes this illegal?

20324L.jpg

Edited by Frank79

See how the belt loop area goes from the holster out to the right in the picture. In order to be legal there can be no gap in that area when you're wearing it. The max belt width is 5/16" IIRC, and the gap in the loop area is a lot wider than that.

Bruce

Edited by bruce282