Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

610 5"

revoman

Hey Warp, You ever thought about leaving the Republik of Kalifornia??

We have room in Mississippi and would sell you a 610!

Thanks for the invite encoreman. Unfortunately, I have way too much family here, as does my better half, to move out. Maybe someday, when I'm like 60 or so. :D

And what sucks about this is it is in CA but can't be sold to a CA resident because the seller is a FFL holder :angry:

I can't buy one from out of state and one comes available in CA and a dealer has it :angry::angry::angry:

How does that work??? How do you buy a gun if you can't get one from an FFL???

The State of CA has a list of approved guns. see here

If the gun is on the list, a FFL can sell it. If it is not, it cannot be sold by the FFL holder. Private party sales are exempt. So, If a non-FFL has a gun, he can sell it to another non-FFL holder but PPT's must be done in person and transfered through a DROS by a FFL. This eliminates a out of state owner selling the gun into CA. It is very complicated as there are several loop holes but all involve someone moving into the state.

The reason the 610 is not on the list is because it is discontinued. S&W is not going to submit one for testing and certification if they don't make them anymore.

So the only way to buy one is from somone that has it in CA and will sell it. The one mentioned above is owned by a dealer, and a very nice one at that. His hands are tied by state law.

Hi Chuck :D

Private Party transfers must be done, on handguns, by two residents of the state.

They only way to get a non-list gun into the state is to have someone who is moving here bring it. Once they establish residency, they must register the guns with CA DOJ. Once it is registered, they can sell it to another non-FFL holder.

I am not aware of anything else that is legal but then again, I'm not a lawyer nor to I play one on TV :)

• 2 weeks later...