Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Charlie Vanek's Drop In Trigger Kit

oct_97

Does anyone have experience with Ghost's Glock disconnector? I put one in my IDPA gun and I'm interested how other shooters that have used it compare it with Vanek's or whatever y'all are using.

As far as my comparison, I've only been shooting Glocks for about a year and have no experience with other triggers, so I don't feel qualified to pass judgement.

I have the vanek drop-in. Anyone with experience care to describe the differences between it, and the now-production outlawed job?

In terms of trigger movement and feel.

I like the drop-in, but Im still upsetting the sight picture when dryfiring.

After laying off a couple of years, I got back into shooting in August of 2005. I wanted to shoot Production, so I asked around about Glock trigger jobs and all I heard was Charlie Vanek. I called him and got the ball rolling. His stuff is the best there is. He's easily accessible, stands behind his product and really cares about the shooter.

Whether you get the Production drop-in kit, or the Full Race Kit For Open/Limited, you won't be sorry. It's just the best there is.

Edited by BlackSabbath

I have the vanek drop-in. Anyone with experience care to describe the differences between it, and the now-production outlawed job?

In terms of trigger movement and feel.

I like the drop-in, but Im still upsetting the sight picture when dryfiring.

Sure. I've had both. The Full Race trigger that was legal for Production, but now only legal for Open/Limited/Limited-10 is 1&1/4 to 1&1/2 pounds. It has one smooth pull with no staging.

The Production trigger is about 2 pounds. Mine is just a shade lighter. It is a two-stage trigger, meaning that as you pull the trigger it comes to a stop. Then you continue to pull through the second stage to break the shot.

I actually prefer the two stage trigger for tight and long range shots. I like the fact that I can stack the trigger before I break the shot on the hard stuff. Up close on open targets and full size poppers there's really no difference between them.

The key to both set-ups and Charlie's work in general is they're smooth. I can't stress how important that is to me. Much more so that actual weight. That's what your paying for. That, and his service.

If you're still having the sight move a little, I suggest you work on your grip. 65 to 70 % grip pressure in your supporting hand, and the remainder in your strong hand.

Hope this helps.

Edited by BlackSabbath

• 4 weeks later...

I had two RS trigger-kits before I got one that felt right. It eventually started doubling on me. Sent it back and got one that was worse yet. Grity / crunchy take up on pre-travel.

I've been thinking real hard about ordering a Vanek drop-in.

The time to act is NOW!