Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clamshell?

Give Dale AlcornDA45acp@yahoo.com a call or he is here in the forum as DA45acp. He is the original creator of this target system.

R&R makes excellent products. His system uses springs, whereas Dale uses nitrogen shocks for a very smooth consistant actuation.

This system has been in use throughout Area 4 for at least the last 10 years.

Kenny

Edited by MasterLefty

Give Dale AlcornDA45acp@yahoo.com a call or he is here in the forum as DA45acp. He is the original creator of this target system.

R&R makes excellent products. His system uses springs, whereas Dale uses nitrogen shocks for a very smooth consistant actuation.

This system has been in use throughout Area 4 for at least the last 10 years.

Kenny

Thank you, Kenny!

I sent him a pm on the topic and e-mailed Dale about it. :)

Liota

Dale Alcorn invented the Beartrap.

The design was ripped off as the "clamshell" by folks across the country; Dale gets a lot of calls from people thinking that they purchased one of his and demanding repair. He turns down, with regret, the people who bought the knock-off junkers. He will take care of his own products (in the very rare instance when there is a problem), but not someone's rip off of his design :)

That said...Mike makes a very nice Snapper target (which looks like a Bear Trap). I've worked with junk, and I've worked with Mike's and (of course) Dale's. I recommend either Mike or Dale's work without reservation.

Anyone else...well, you get what you pay for.

Just my two cents ;)

Alex

Edited by Wakal