Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Recommendations For A G20 Limited?

aggie dad

I was thinking a Blade-Tech DOH might be a good way to go at a reasonable price and I could use it on my 1.5" Wilderness belt and with my existing Comptac mag holders. Does this make sense or should I be looking at something else along with a CR Speed belt?

Thanks,

Doug

Aggie Dad, the DOH is definately a better holster than an Uncle Mikes holster for USPSA. It's probably the most popular holster for production division, and a lot of limited and limited-10 shooters use it too. I personally like the convienience of having a two-piece velcro belt system. It's easy on and easy off, and your gear for the most part stays exactly where you want it. I prefer the CR over some of the others, buecause the inner belt has the soft part of the velcro on it. So, you can put the belt on and then when you get to the range, just throw the outer one on. I have three belt systems, and theone I use most (ironically) is made by Uncle Mikes; a Tactical rig made for cops vs. competition. It is wider and fit's my mag carriers better. 10 minutes with a dremel, and the DOH was custom fit for the belt. The second benefit is it puts your mags and gun a little further out from your body. This makes it easier to get your hands around the grip and mags.

If money isn't the issue, I would look at a CR WSM holster or a Ghost for the Limited. They are much faster, but not as secure. I have a CR WSM for limited, and every time I switch to it from the DOH, the speed difference shocks me.

With that said, there are some seriously good shooters out there like Steve Anderson who are absolutely smoking fast with the DOH.

I shot in Limited and L10 with a Safariland 007 that did just fine.

I have since upgraded to the CR Speed Rig.

I wouldn't go back.

But $$$$$ might be a deciding factor.

I still have the 007 for the G20 if you are interested in a very inexpensive holster to try out.

Let me know!

CR Speed belt is the best IMO and well worth the money. The CR Speed WSM holster is well worth the money. I was able to find a good used one for $100.00. I started with a cheaper holster and I should have got the good stuff to begin with. It is worth it in the long run.

Thanks for the recommendations! Anyone know where I can order a CR Speed WSM for a Large Frame Glock? Seems like most of the sites don't even acknowledge that there is a large frame version; B&B lists it, but presently indicates it is out of stock.

Also, would my Comptac mag holders work OK on CR Speed belt?

Thanks,

Doug

I have owned 3 generations of CR Speed Holsters for Glock and while they do make a good holster IMHO that the Ultimate Ghost Holster for Glock beats it hands down. Regarding your question about Comptac Holster/Magazine Pouches and the CR Speed Belt yes they will work I currently use the CR Speed belt for IDPA competition with a Comptac Holster and their assorted magazine pouches (2/4, 1 with light holder) I just don’t use the inner belt liner for those matches.

Edited by ryucasta