Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams

Flyin40

All good news. I heard that mine will be back today as well. His turn around time was much better than he anticipated.

How long did it take it get your mags back???? Beven said 4 weeks and thats what I'm expecting because of the amout of work thats sent to him.

Flyin40

I'm glad to see the enthusiasm for Beven's work. He has a great reputation and it's well earned. However, while I'm excited to see his business prosper (I wouldn't want it any other way!!), I sure miss seeing him out at the range. Between his backlog and a dead or dieing C-N-C machine, he doesn't have any time to shoot.

Bevan's a great example of something we see a lot in our sport (and life in general I think). An individual invests their time and energy into doing something really well. The market recognizes the added value of their product, which in our case is mags and optics that function flawlessly. This results in demand. The demand causes leadtimes to increase. As leadtimes increase beyond the expectations of the market, customer satifaction takes a hit. I remember a month or so back when BG was taking a lot of heat in this very forum over leadtimes (mostly due to a supplier issue he had no control over). I've seen it happen to others as well.

I wish I had an easy solution to this paradox but I don't. I'm going to keep buying goods and services from Bevan (and others like him). I hope everybody else does as well. I have 5 mags for a new limited gun that I'm going to send him next month. If adding some weeks to my leadtime gives him the space to get some breathing room, that'd be cool with me.

It was a pretty simple solution for me. Buy new tubes(we all want an excuse for some extra mags) and send them to him to get tuned :D Keep shooting the old ones until the new ones arrive. The swap them out and send the old ones to him.

I look at it like this, for those who believe he supplies the best product, those people will wait and not worry about it. These people alone will keep him busy. I knew going into it there was going to be a wait. If Beven would have told me 12 weeks I would of still sent the mag. I used his stuff all last year(untuned) and they ran great the entire year.

Flyin40

About 10 weeks, but I know he had a full plate when I sent them. Plus I remember several people on BE that had him doing Doctor sight stuff. He said he was pretty caught up with his work load, so I would just give him a call and see what his lead time is.

Whatever it is, it is worth the wait. All 5 of my Beven tuned mags are flawless.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious what doew he charge to tune mags?

Lets see, 8 140mm .40 tubes, tuned, basepads, springs, and followers, about $1000. More for 9mm Major with his tig-welded spacer.

About $40 per mag is you have everything, about $80 is you have just the tube.

Flyin40

Just curious what doew he charge to tune mags?

Lets see, 8 140mm .40 tubes, tuned, basepads, springs, and followers, about $1000. More for 9mm Major with his tig-welded spacer.

About $40 per mag is you have everything, about $80 is you have just the tube.

Flyin40

I didn't have anything when he built my Limited mags, so they were about $125 a mag. My 9major mags were about $165 or so for the 140mm, and $200+ for the big stick.

And ... worth ... every ... penny!