Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises Magwell...

D. Manley

I just received mine from Brownells the other day. Unfortunately I didn't get it in time for my match.

As far as fitment it is pretty snug. It's not loose. Only time will tell if it will start to move or not. The JP magwell had a hard time "slipping" onto the front of the grip. I finally got it on there but ended up cutting up some of the plastic on the gun because I forced it on there. I was not patient.

I have "Version 2" so there is no screw in the backstrap. The magwell screwed down into a grip plug.

Edited for pictures..

60673663-M.jpg

60673672-M.jpg

60673674-M.jpg

60673677-M.jpg

60673681-M.jpg

Edited by 21411

Excellent...the photos are excellent. I'm going to try the same model and give it a spin. Thanks.

Just because I'm anal I'll be keeping my eye out for some sort of semi-permanent adhesive at the Home Depot for extra insurance. I wouldn't want it to start slipping at a match and ruining a reload.

I've been using one in a G22 2nd generation (IDPA ESP) for quite sometime now and it has not given any problems. Once I'm back in LA I'll post some pictures.

I was going to post this question elsewhere but I guess you answered it. I was going to ask if the JP magwell in a 34/35 would fit in an IDPA box..

I also have one of the newer JP magwells and it is great! Easy to install, secure, big opening for reloads, and good balance...difficult to seat a standard baseplate mag all the way on a reload everytime. That practice stuff would probably help with that aspect though...hmmm.