Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cavalry Arms 3 Gun Match on September 22-24

We regret to inform everyone that the match has been cancelled due to lack of registrations. As of July 31st, 2006 less than half the minimum number of 50 competitors are registered. With the low number of registrations, the match is simply a financially unviable this year.

We feel that if we wait any longer to cancel the match, the people who have registered will be even more upset, and there is no guarantee that we would get enough shooters. Due to several competing events (which we did not know about until well after our match was scheduled) being held the same weekend, it is unlikely we would get enough competitors registered anyway.

We will be refunding the money to the people who’s checks we have cashed and credit cards we have run. There are some who’s cards we did not run, and checks not cashed. All registered shooters will be contacted on an individual basis.

Prizes will be returned to all the sponsors.

TJ from Tiger Valley tells me he will be holding a match the same weekend we planned to, so that people with travel arrangements and time off work already planned will still have an event to go to. Contact info for TIGER Valley can be found at www.tigervalley.com

Canceling the match this year was a difficult decision for us to make as we enjoy spending time with fellow shooters and competing in the match ourselves.

We are currently in talks with several different groups interested in running a match under the rules we created and with the same style, where Cavalry Arms will simply be the major match sponsor and help with advertising. This would be the ideal situation for us, as running a match takes a lot of time out of our production schedule, and we feel the best way for us to be involved in the shooting sports is as a generous sponsor.

Thank you for your understanding,

---Russell Phagan

Cavalry Arms Staff

Edited by George

Since this will be my 1st big event I have a dumb question. Do you get a copy of the course of fire when you sign up or before the event,or do you just find out when you you show up? Thanks in advance,

shane

Dont give up on the format if the match doesnt make...the shooting conflicts are pretty tough, plus I believe that Baylor, A&M and Texas all play home games that weekend.

I love 3 Gun and will try to make the match, but given that I paid almost as much for my rifle as I do for season tickets in Kyle Field...its a close call. September is a busy month...

B

Dont give up on the format if the match doesnt make...the shooting conflicts are pretty tough, plus I believe that Baylor, A&M and Texas all play home games that weekend.

I love 3 Gun and will try to make the match, but given that I paid almost as much for my rifle as I do for season tickets in Kyle Field...its a close call. September is a busy month...

B

We'll likely do another match some time in the future if this one doesn't make it. There are a few different people that would be interested in running a match styled like ours with us as the major sponsor and some logistical support and they'll set it up and run it (this is way it was supposed to be with our match to begin with).

How soon until we know whether or not this match will happen? I haven't missed one yet and don't plan on missing this year, but it's hard to get time off and I don't want to take off days and then just waste them.

If we don't have 50 people signed up by the end of July it isn't happening.

We currently have 15 people signed up.

We're not cashing anymore checks we receive, or running credit cards until we receive the 50 entries.

If we wait any longer than early August to cancel, I believe the people planning on attending will be even more upset.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

If you rescheduled the match for another weekend, I bet you'd get a big contingent from Central Texas. I can think of at least 10 people that would come out.

If we did that, we'd lose the same amount in people who already scheduled flights and time off work.

Believe me, if we had known about the texas state limited back in January when we scheduled this thing, it would have been a different weekend.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

• 2 weeks later...

We regret to inform everyone that the match has been cancelled due to lack of registrations. As of July 31st, 2006 less than half the minimum number of 50 competitors are registered. With the low number of registrations, the match is simply a financially unviable this year.

We feel that if we wait any longer to cancel the match, the people who have registered will be even more upset, and there is no guarantee that we would get enough shooters. Due to several competing events (which we did not know about until well after our match was scheduled) being held the same weekend, it is unlikely we would get enough competitors registered anyway.

We will be refunding the money to the people who’s checks we have cashed and credit cards we have run. There are some who’s cards we did not run, and checks not cashed. All registered shooters will be contacted on an individual basis.

Prizes will be returned to all the sponsors.

TJ from Tiger Valley tells me he will be holding a match the same weekend we planned to, so that people with travel arrangements and time off work already planned will still have an event to go to. Contact info for TIGER Valley can be found at www.tigervalley.com

Canceling the match this year was a difficult decision for us to make as we enjoy spending time with fellow shooters and competing in the match ourselves.

We are currently in talks with several different groups interested in running a match under the rules we created and with the same style, where Cavalry Arms will simply be the major match sponsor and help with advertising. This would be the ideal situation for us, as running a match takes a lot of time out of our production schedule, and we feel the best way for us to be involved in the shooting sports is as a generous sponsor.

Thank you for your understanding,

---Russell Phagan

Cavalry Arms Staff

I hate to hear that. We were going to bring a crew down from OKC but a couple of us are out of country right now working. I was hoping to be back by the 18th of September and still make it (risking divorce) but I will anxiously await next years event.

Mike

Dang Russell!!

I was hoping your match would happen in spite of the competeing events. The San Angelo Crew will certainly be there next time if at all possible! We were at your last two matches and they were a hoot!

Bill

Thank you to all those who supported us...we will be helping with more events in the future.

Since the Cavalry Arms match isn't happening, we will be going to the Tactical Response, Inc. Alumni weekend event Sept. 23-24 in Camden, TN. I'm going to help run a competition event there...part of it will be a two man team event, the likes of which has probably never been seen before. I'll be sure to post videos.

Thank you to all those who supported us...we will be helping with more events in the future.

Since the Cavalry Arms match isn't happening, we will be going to the Tactical Response, Inc. Alumni weekend event Sept. 23-24 in Camden, TN. I'm going to help run a competition event there...part of it will be a two man team event, the likes of which has probably never been seen before. I'll be sure to post videos.

SinistralRifleman,

It's a pity your September match was cancelled. Were you all closer, I know several of us from VA would have been there.

It was interesting to see your comment about the "two man team event" in Camden.

Our April 3 gun match here (Richmond, VA) was, as far as I can tell, the first of it's kind and very well received. - we'll be doing another in October. It's a format I hope will catch on.

If you'd like to see what we did in that regard, I'll be glad to send you the stages.

Thanks for your support of the 3 gun game.

Regards,

Joe

http://bc3g.ath.cx