Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Promoted

stingerjg

Shortly after i got back here to Iraq, I was informed that my promotion to SGT/E-5 had finally gone through. The effective date is Jan 1st, so ill get some back pay.

Now i dont have to stand at 'parade rest' for sgt's that are 9-10 years younger than me.

Congratulations!!!

I remember making E-4 on a Med cruise. In the Navy there is a tradition of 'tacking on the crow'. Everyone of equal or higher rank to you will punch you on the arm to help make it stick!!! That's a bruize that you look forward to...

Congratulations!!!

I remember making E-4 on a Med cruise. In the Navy there is a tradition of 'tacking on the crow'. Everyone of equal or higher rank to you will punch you on the arm to help make it stick!!! That's a bruize that you look forward to...

The new ACU uniforms have velcro on rank, patches and name tapes. So punching on rank dosent have the same meaning as it used to.

Congrats Sgt =]

Best of luck out there - when are you guys returning?

Prob somtime in Sept. But who knows w/ the Army. My orders can hold me till Mar 07'

Congratulations "SARNT"! :D

I'll be there in about 2 months. Just in time for me to get the hell out of Korea and dodge Warrior Leadership Course (the Army's new gay term for PLDC).

I can't wait to get back to the States.

Take care and be safe bro,

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Shortly after i got back here to Iraq, I was informed that my promotion to SGT/E-5 had finally gone through. The effective date is Jan 1st, so ill get some back pay.

Now i dont have to stand at 'parade rest' for sgt's that are 9-10 years younger than me.

Way to go! I knew that "recruitment problem" had an upside for the guys they wanted to retain.

Congratulations but NCO's are expected to lead by example and it can get hot out front.

Words from an old Dril Sargeant "It is easier to pull a string than it is to push it."

Words from the Marines in my wife's unit:

"I'll follow the sergeant anywhere!"

In other words:

"After you, sir!" :D