Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G24 N320 Load?

Chuck Merriam

1.150 is almost too long for the Glock mags. You'd probably be OK, but you might get some rounds that hang up in the mags from time to time.

I load 180 Zeros to 1.135 OAL.

I don't know where 4.2g will get you.

There is a similar (minor) load for a G22 found here: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/documents/hl40sw.pdf

I've been using 4.9gr out of my G35 OAL 1.145

Makes about 175PF

Of course that is a Barsto fitted barrel. You might want to start 10% down from that and work it up to see what it gives you .

Edited by C.Keen

In my stock G35 barrel, I need about 4.6 gr of n320 to comfortably (~170pf) make major at 1.142 OAL, with a Zero 180gr JHP.

When I got my new 650 this year, I decided to drop to 1.135, and decided to go to 4.5gr, figuring I'd be safe. Got a bad shock at the FlOpen, when I chrono'd at 166pf. Perfect, I guess. :blink:

Maybe 4.2 would work with the longer barrel if you shortened the length -- not sure why you'd load that long in a Glock, anyway...

As a matter of fact, just got back from the range today. G24, 180 jhp Zero, 4.3 V.V. 320, 1.135 makes 168 pf. Very accurate and soft.

uote name='chmerr' date='Mar 11 2006, 06:18 PM' post='384361']

Does anyone have a load for a g24 (stock barrel) with n320 and 180 zeros? I think 4.2g at 1.150 will get there but I would like some input. Thanks

I'm shooting a Brazos 5", 4.8 of V.V. 320, 180 jhp Zero, 1.220. The most accurate and softest load I've tried. Makes 167 pf.

uote name='chmerr' date='Mar 20 2006, 08:17 PM' post='388212']

That's in a g24? Maybe I should shorten it down. I just long long from habit....STI Edge loads.

• 2 weeks later...
Everybody is scared to run a G24 with a comp hanging off the end as the leverage of the weight (comp) is likely to rob enough energy that the gun won't cycle well.

Okay, this is what I did. Took a 35 slide with a 6 inch barrel and put a comp on it. Then I put that on a G24 frame. That's it in a nutshell. I intend to use it in GSSF unlimited only. I haven't had a chance to do any testing though. One thing though, as with most comps that rob energy, I was thinking more power would do the trick.