Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Mag Pouches

Genghis

I've been shooting in Limited for a year now. I started out with a P14.45 and two Universal Shooting Academy pouches, because the guys I started shooting with said they are the best. Lately I've been shooting with a G35 and Blade Tech carry gear, so I haven't used the USA pouches for a while.

I'm trying to get the right stuff to shoot in a few major matches, starting with Double Tap at the end of March. I will be shooting at least some matches with a Benny Hill SVI/STI Open Gun, including DT. I need to get some mag pouches to use with the Open gun. The USA pouches are scarce now. One of mine lost one of the screws, and the plastic bar that fits around the screw and holds the top of the mag in the pouch.

Is there anywhere I can get replacement parts? I tried both Shooter's Connection (where I bought them) and Frank Garcia, and struck out. If not, what pouches should I get? CR Speed?

I bought the Universal pouches from Frank since they were marketed by him under his schools name. I dont know where he was buying them. Sorry.

Good news is that i do carry allot of the Cr speed parts for the pouches and holsters and if I dont have the part I can get it on my next order which is pretty often now.

I started out with the CR Speed pouches and really didn't have any complaints other than I had to put a spacer between the pouch and the belt to give me the space I needed.

However I have since changed to the Gugas Ribas Mag Pouches. There are equally sturdy and adaptable as the CR speed. Yet they offer a little more security in mounting them to the belt and they also allow you to rotate the mags from bullets forward all the way through to bullets facing 90 degrees away from you.

You can also check out the Speedcomp mag pouches at www.barneybuddy.com they look promising. I have some coming for my cz.

:rolleyes:

I started out with the CR Speed pouches and really didn't have any complaints other than I had to put a spacer between the pouch and the belt to give me the space I needed.

However I have since changed to the Gugas Ribas Mag Pouches. There are equally sturdy and adaptable as the CR speed. Yet they offer a little more security in mounting them to the belt and they also allow you to rotate the mags from bullets forward all the way through to bullets facing 90 degrees away from you.

You can also check out the Speedcomp mag pouches at www.barneybuddy.com they look promising. I have some coming for my cz.

i have the speed comps i like them!

Could someone provide a link to information on the CR mag holders? Excuse the ignorance but I have never heard of them. I have been shooting IDPA for a few years and am now thinking about branching out into USPSA so I have a lot to learn.

Thank,

Greg