Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Points Series

Barrettone

Alright everybody,

The BoD has went back and retooled the Points Series for 2006 so that it is more freindly to the shooter who can't travel too much. All you need to shoot is an Area Match, Two State Sectionals, and one "Other Tournamnet". They are all listed on the major match calendar at USPSA with the "type" of match called out underneath their match title. You can shoot the series (4 matches) fairly close to home, and you get to see how you stack up against everyone else in the country for a paltry $25. Consider signing up. It offers something that the classification system doesn't...a chance to grade your match performance in your division against other people of your same ability level without having to fly across the entire country. Lets kick this thing off right...get out there and shoot "The Series". :D

Sign-up link: Points Series

Edited by Barrettone

What the heck, I've got an area and sectional match both within an hour of me this year. This is just one more reason to hit some more big matches.

The winners are based on lowest point total like golf right....... :P:P:lol::lol:

You can shoot the series (4 matches) fairly close to home, and you get to see how you stack up against everyone else in the country for a paltry $25.

Ummm.....depends on where you live.

As it stands right now, it's not an easy travel situation for those in the entire western half of the country. No "other Level III matches" anywhere to be found, except the dual Production/SS match in California in June.

We really need the rules adjusted to allow Nationals and the Area matches to be accepted to fulfill that "other Level III match" requirement, to make sure everybody has some reasonable option available to them. The whole point of the rules changes was to make the Series more inexpensive and accessible.

All you need to shoot is an Area Match, Two State Sectionals, and one "Other Tournamnet".

I'm confussed. This is what I read on the web site:

Points from the highest finish at no more than two area matches

Points from the highest finish at no more than four state or sectional matches.

Points from the highest finish at no more than two other USPSA Level III matches

Am I missing something or do you really need 8 matches to have enough points?

As I understand it you only need four matches.

If you shoot two area matches they will take the higher score from the two and that will be your area match score.

Best two sectionals, best other.

I'm in.

Considering the money I have spent on action pistol the last two years, $25 is a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Tls

All you need to shoot is an Area Match, Two State Sectionals, and one "Other Tournamnet".

Points from the highest finish at no more than two other USPSA Level III matches

reading the BOD minutes, and applying the changes from those minutes to the 2005 PS rules is how we came up with 4 matches. i dont know if what is actually in the 2006 rules is a mistake, but its different than the 2005 rules adjusted for changes from the BOD minutes.

reading the BOD minutes, and applying the changes from those minutes to the 2005 PS rules is how we came up with 4 matches. i dont know if what is actually in the 2006 rules is a mistake, but its different than the 2005 rules adjusted for changes from the BOD minutes.

Hey Guys,Our entire 10 man team from Michigan is enrolled in the Points Series, and I have been in close contact with two Area Directors about it.

You are correct, there is a discrepency. The criteria that I have (and it is CORRECT...I had my AD find out for me) is:

1 Area Match weighted times 2

2 State Sectionals weighted times 1

1 "Other Tournamnet" weighted times 1

I am not sure if they are going to enforce a limit on how many of each type of match you may shoot (to avoid grand-bagging and ties?). That may be something else that is added to the mix, as I see that may have been what they were trying to get at in the new policy document.

There are only 5 "Other Tournaments" currently announced in the country. Each Area is allowed to host one, so the maximum is 8 "Other Tournaments" in the country. They are:

Targeting Education (Michigan) Area 5 7/28/06

Space City Challenge (Texas) Area 4 4/28/06

Summer Blast (Pennsylvania) Area 8 7/7/06

West Coast Dual Championship (California) Area 2 6/2/06

AWARE (Vermont) Area 7 8/4/06

Therefore, Areas 1, 3, and 6 have not yet announced theirs. Area 6 AD assured me that they will have an "Other Tournament", but I do not know about Areas 1 and 3 yet. Additionally, I do not understand how the West Coast Dual Championship can only recognize Production and Single Stack. It is my understanding that they must acknowledge ALL divisions to host such a match. They are also only listed on the match calendar as a Level 1 match which makes absolutely NO SENSE!?!? Anyway, I think all this will be ironed out shortly.

This just in:

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. It looks like you and others are doing a

good job getting the word out here and the readers had rather hear it

from you than an AD. The nationals will not be an "other" match since

we took it out because shooters told us they would not participate

unless they had some preference in getting a slot.

Area 6 Director

Hope this Helps ;)

Edited by Barrettone

• 2 weeks later...

Major-Match season starts in just 2 more weeks. If you are shooting the Alabama or Florida State Sectionls, you gotta get entered before the matches to count your points!!! (go to the USPSA online store to get enrolled for just $25!!!) It is gonna be a good year for Points Series. :D

Edited by Barrettone

• 3 weeks later...