Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Summer Blast July 7-9

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer Blast stages. Here is the twist when you check the stage names....with the exception of the classifier, can you guess the theme of the match. The classifier is High Standards, yes, I know we have standards this year. Not bad first time in 6 years.

The first to email me the theme at azone40@adelphia.net, will receive an interesting gift. Once I have the correct theme, I will post it here on the forum.

I believe we are in the 125 plus of shooters registered. If you know of anyone planning to attend, please have them snd in their match application asap, I would not want anyone missing a time slot.

We currently have 4 guns to give away in the shooters raffle! 3 pistols and a STI frame

The rest of the stages!

Last stage!

2005 Hurricanes!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Passed on the A6 to attend "The Blast". By now Linda should have my app in hand. Since I was late to the game, I'll be in Revolver Squad 2.

See you in PA!

Edited by Nemo

Stage 4 is the classifier 03-18 High Standards

prh

Thanks for the info, I bet I was supposed to know that but I haven't even read the web site

on the match, just signed up for it.

And good to have aboard Nemo....how many revo's does that make now ??

I believe the revolvers are now approaching the 14 range. I have not tracked it however Linda monitors this thread and I am sure that he will post the number here. I do know one squad is full on Sunday and they are working on another.

Larry

I believe the revolvers are now approaching the 14 range. I have not tracked it however Linda monitors this thread and I am sure that he will post the number here. I do know one squad is full on Sunday and they are working on another.

Larry

We cuurently have 18 revolver shooters in the match. Email indicates that at least one & possibly two more applications are on the way. I will announce here & on the Revo forum when we hit the 20 mark. Cliff Walsh & I both did a bit of recruiting during the recent SC State Section Championship.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician.

Larry

We cuurently have 18 revolver shooters in the match. Email indicates that at least one & possibly two more applications are on the way. I will announce here & on the Revo forum when we hit the 20 mark. Cliff Walsh & I both did a bit of recruiting during the recent SC State Section Championship.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician.

Thanks for the update Linda, and thanks for all the work you do for a match this size.

After crashing and burning and chucking my stuff in the truck and driving off in a huff I never

remember to thank all the good folks that do all the "stuff". :huh:

So thank you ! :)

Saturday PM is FULL. I will be using your second choices for any applications this week that come in for Saturday PM.

Sunday will be full by next week. If you are putting off sending in your application, the choices will get REAL slim soon. You do not need to send applications in the same envelope in order to shoot on a squad with your friends.

PLEASE use US Mail & not express/overnight/priority mail. I go by postmark dates, so it is a tremendous waste of money to use expensive methods.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

We now have 22 Revolver shooters in the match, and email indicates at least 2 more are on the way. We already have 4 shooters in Revolver squad 3 on Sunday & I expect it to fill.

If I ever run for office in USPSA, I plan to ask Mike Carmoney to run my campaign ;) , because this effort was impressive.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I am posting a copy of this note on the Summer Blast thread on the Revolver Forum

If I ever run for office in USPSA, I plan to ask Mike Carmoney to run my campaign ;) , because this effort was impressive.

Linda, I would be honored, just say the word! :)

Thanks to everybody who stepped up and signed up. I bumped into Larry H. this past weekend at the WI Sectional and we agreed this year's Summer Blast is going to be a hell of match!

Mike you forgot to tell them that I offered to shoot revolver to get the required 20 for the nationals slots. It would have been just plain ugly but I would have done it. That goodness for everyone else that you got the 20 needed, I would not want to subject someone to that much laughter. :)

UPDATE!

Techwear is going to offer their shirts with the Summer Blast logo on it in your choice of 4 colors. You can coose to have the big logo on the back or Summer Blast 2006 on the left chest for you golf guys. The price of the shirt is $49.95 which is cheaper that the USPSA shirts. A great price for a great product.

Please contact joe directly. The Summer Blast staff will not be handling shirts. You order and pick up from Joe and Bob. The deadline to order will be June 20. That will give them time to get them made for you to pick up at the match.

You can reach Joe at joe@techwearusa.com

Larry

Mike you forgot to tell them that I offered to shoot revolver to get the required 20 for the nationals slots. It would have been just plain ugly but I would have done it. That goodness for everyone else that you got the 20 needed, I would not want to subject someone to that much laughter. :)

Yes, folks, in fact Larry did say exactly that.

And I think he's actually still thinking about shooting the wheel at the Summer Blast now that he knows it's going to be an historic event--quite possibly the largest contingent of USPSA revolver division shooters in the history of the sport! Right Larry?? ;)

Yes, folks, in fact Larry did say exactly that.

And I think he's actually still thinking about shooting the wheel at the Summer Blast now that he knows it's going to be an historic event--quite possibly the largest contingent of USPSA revolver division shooters in the history of the sport! Right Larry?? ;)

On second thought, I am not sure if I want someone who's having hallucinations running my imaginary campaign. . . :lol::lol::lol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Saturday PM and Sunday AM are both FULL. I will be using your second choices for any applications this week that come in for Saturday PM or Sunday.

Saturday AM will be full soon. If you are putting off sending in your application, the choices will get REAL slim soon. You do not need to send applications in the same envelope in order to shoot on a squad with your friends.

Again, PLEASE use US Mail & not express/overnight/priority mail. I go by postmark dates, so it is a tremendous waste of money to use expensive methods.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

All Saturday (AM & PM) and All Sunday AM slots are FULL. Still room on Friday PM for those who are late getting their applications in.

I have waiting lists started for Sunday and Saturday PM. To be fair, I cannot add shooters to the waiting list based on email or phone requests. Your name can only go on a waiting list when your application & check are in my hands. At that time, I will call you to let you know what your place number is on the list. If you choose not to wait, I will return your check.

With 2 months to go before the match, a few shooters will drop out and I expect that a handful of the folks on a waiting list will be able to shoot the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

As promised for match shirts. They are available from TechWear USA. I have attached several colors to choose from. As you can see the multicolor logo appears the best on white (the words Summer Blast 2006 will not be red, white and blue). Joe is currently working to convert the logo to one color for the other shirts if you wouls like it that way. For you discrete people out there, the shirt is being offered with just the words "SUMMER BLAST 2006" on the right chest.

Now the really great part. These extremely nice shirts are available for $49.95. You can't get any better than that and get to choose your color.

Please contact Joe Procopio directly to order and pick them up from him at the match.

email: jlpro@optonline.net

Joe Procopio

TechwearUSA

516-322-0371 cell

www.techwearusa.com

Remember space is available for Friday. Keep in mind 10 stages in a half day format with 246 rounds. Hope to see you there.

Larry

Forgot to post the link for the shirt colors....sorry! I have had a rough morning!

Summer_Blast_Shirts.pdf

Edited by sbmd

All shooters attending the Summer Blast.

There will be a shotgun side match for your shooting pleasure. All birdshot will be required. We will have a loner gun or two if you need one. 15 rounds minimum will complete the side match.

All steel.

You may run it as many times as you like. $5 per run. There will be a cash payback to the winner based on the number of participants in the event.

3 divisions, Open, Limited and Pump. Pump will be allowed to load 5 rounds only (little twist).

There needs to be 5 in each division to pay a winner, 10 for second and 15 for third.

If you need to purchase rounds it will be an additional $5 at the match.

The balance of the proceeds will go to the USPSA Junior Fund!

Larry

UPDATES!!!!!

As of 13 May, 267 registered shooters and 2 on the Sunday waiting list. Friday is the only available shooting times and I believe they are going fast as well.

If you are registered for the match, don't forget about the class by Max and Travis of Double Impact on Thursday.

Looking forward to a great match. As of right now there are 4 guns and the possibility of a 5th to for the raffle. $5 ticket could win you a new HK pistol.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Double Impact class still has space available. Contcat Max immediately to attend. This will be a great opportunity to have acustom class to your needs for improved shooting. Linda will make all the necessary squadding arraingements in order to make the process as smooth as possible. Larry

It happens to everyone after they have been shooting for a while. . .You were steadily improving, and now you hit a plateau. No amount of practice, adjusting your gun or changing equipment helps. You are stuck in the same class. It might be time to get some advice from the 'experts.'

I wanted to make you aware of a great opportunity to take a class with Max Michel & Travis Tomasie. The class is called "Double Impact." Unlike most classes taught by a 'big name GM,' you get the advice and experience of TWO of the top USPSA shooters. The class is being offered to competitors at Summer Blast.

Max & Travis will spend Thursday, July 6th, with the students in the class. Then, Friday morning, July 7th, the class will shoot the match (squadded as a group) so that Max and/or Travis can review the previous day's information, and offer constructive criticism in a major match setting. This is a custom class, so the students in the class get to decide what aspects of shooting will be taught. Subjects can include:

Equipment Analysis

Fundamentals (stance, balance, grip, sight picture, sight alignment)

Stage Analysis

Draws & Reloads

Target Awareness & Target Acquisition

Movement & Shooting On The Move

Strong/Weak Hand

Shooting Kneeling or Prone

These are just some topic suggestions. The class will review the Summer Blast stages, and Max & Travis will tailor the instruction to what the students need to improve performance.

The good news is that the class isn't full yet. Once you sign up, I will adjust your squadding to make sure you shoot with the class.

For more information about the class, see http://www.maxmichel.com/training.htm

To register for the class, or if you have other questions, contact Max Michel at 504-495-1432

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The 2006 Summer Blast is FULL -- all times and all days. If you did not get a confirmation from me, you are not in the match.

I have several shooters on waiting lists. If anyone withdraws from the match, they will be replaced with someone on the waiting list. You cannot give your slot to a friend. The slots that open up by shooters who withdraw from the match will go to the folks who have ALREADY sent an application and check and are waiting patiently (okay. . . so some of them are not very patient :rolleyes: ).

Anyone who withdraws will get a full refund if I can replace them with someone on the waiting list. Please email me ASAP at LChico@msn.com if you are a registered shooter & need to withdraw from the match. Thanks

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

• 4 weeks later...

Raining most of the week in the area (major flooding) but it appears the worst of it has missed York.

Just came from the range and, while it's a bit muddy in some places, it's in pretty good shape. Very hopeful that things stay that way. Weather forecast looks promising through next week.

All of us here are crossing fingers, toes, etc.