Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Blaster

Darianis

THis is my curent labor of love :) I was shooting a POS high power knock off that was not relaible at all. THen while surfing Gunbroker I say this honey with a $495 buy it now price, and it just so happened that I had the money.

So far the only mods are the DP Ice magwell, BoMar rear and Brazos FO front sight, and the STI beafertail.

My gun

please pay paticular attention to my exelent custom slide grip enhancments

so far in all I have less than $750 in the gun and it has ran 100% for the 2k or so rounds I have shot through it

post-5466-1138078082_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darianis

Excellent!! I won't tolerate a gun that won't run either, and pretty doesn't get the job done. I like that you are doing it yourself and learning.

I shot a P14 up until recently, I really like the feel of them in my hand.

I'm trying to learn the treicks and stuff. I did have to get a smith to install the sights but everything else I did. So far I'm very happy with this gun. I have a few more things that I need/want but the biggest thing I need is more trigger time :lol:

will post a few more pics when Imake more mods. I plan on refinishing the frame soon as the beavertail instalation requires some sanding and filing I am prolly going to get a can of Brownells GunKote and see how taht works out.

wow your right that is one UGLY gun :ph34r:

I ordered 2 cans on gun kote today. Glossy Black and Matte Silver. My friend has all the stuff to beadblast my gun so I plan on refinishing it in the next week or so. I'm thinking zebra stripes and doing my AR to match. John thinks that lepord spots would look better but I'm not sure if we can pull that off :unsure: but the good thing is if we goof(as is almost guaranteed to happen) then we just blast off the insuing mess and start over :D

I'll be sure to post more pics as more work is done Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

Ugly? Not close. :)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23298

It astonishes me how some can fill the tank, and step on the gas, and have no clue how to keep it running. You won't be one of those people..

Hey!!! :angry: I resemble that.

This is an official no-sh1tter; When I first started, with a tuned Kimber, I shot for two years and never puller the ejector or firing pin, because I didn't know how. I never changed a recoil spring or anything. A TOTAL of 2 malfs for mishapen cast bullets.

I'm learning.

I took part one night shortly after I got it and after trying for 3 hours I finally got it back togather... but now it won't function. WTH I put everything back in there it should run :blink: well I got an exploded diagram and tried for another 3 hours and finally got it working again... Series 80 guns are a PAIN to get back togather. Well now it's series 70 with a brownells spacer in the void. and it's much easier to reassamble :P

Started on the refinishing project. I also reworked the grip tape.

post-5466-1140498370.jpg

Edited by Darianis

• 3 weeks later...

Man that came out really nice. How does a finish like that stand up? I've tried a can and didn't have good success. Maybe I didn't have it degreased enough, and if so, what did you use...

SO far it seems pretty solid heh but it's only been about 2 weeks.

As for the work we were pretty carefull about sandblasting all the old finish off. we used some walmart break cleaner to clean it and pre heated the parts over a propane space heater. The finish wasn't prefect. it was a bit splochy but was completely coated. it was a bit cold so we couldn't get any real controll of the spray. But the sloppy parts are covered with grip tape :ph34r:

I plan on getting some slide work done sooner or later and will be refinishing the slide then. also Have a nasty looking AR that needs some refinishing love. More pics to follow :)

Ugly? Not close. :)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23298

It astonishes me how some can fill the tank, and step on the gas, and have no clue how to keep it running. You won't be one of those people..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol::lol::lol:

Did you actually searched the forum for that thread??? I didn't think my gun would traumatize people so much. :P:P:P

Anyway, I'm using a slightly less ugly 1911(until I got the dremel to the frame, the do-it-yourself grips and epoxied the trigger).

Darianis, your Para looks great. And no, I don't mean in comparison, I mean it looks great. :)

Edited by Pierruiggi

For comparison sake this is my baby fresh out of the box. I think it's come a long way :) I recently discovered eBay has 1911 parts. Well I have a stainless ambi saftey and a new trigger on the way. More picks when I get them fitted. If I keep this up I will have a real limited gun :ph34r: . Now if only I could learn what those bumpy things on the top are for!

post-5466-1141023966.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

THis is the latest and greatest incarnation of my Para.

Specs to date

P16-40 Para nib $500

STI beavertail $30

DP Ice Magwell $50

Brazos FO Front

& Bo-Mar BMCS installed $180

Mccormic Ambi saftey $25

GunKote refinished lower $30

GunCraft Match Trigger $25

1pc guiderod Freeby

Grip Tape Freeby

Total cost $840

Telling everyone who askes who built your sweet looking limited gun "I did"

PRICELESS

I have a few more things sceduled but that will require some one with some actuall skill. I should be getting the slide lightned after the section match this month. more pics then. But I have to say every time I pick this peice up I like it more. So far it has run 100%

post-5466-1142026409.jpg

Looks good, love that magwell, gonna have to get me one.

yea I agree it was actually the 1st mod made. I was at a friends shop showing off my brand new box stock blaster and I mentioned that I wanted to get a DP Ice magwell. He looks at his bench a sec and says like this one? Err yea just like that one hehehe.