Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cominolli Trigger?

QBall

First, I would like to say hello to everyone here. This is my first post here and hopefully not my last.

I know there is a thread on Glock triggers but it dates back to last year, 12.14 as I recall.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Cominolli trigger in a Glock?

If so, good, bad or...?

First of all, since this is your first post, don't view the lack of response as being unfriendly.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I know Glocks pretty well; shoot them exclusively right now and I have never heard of a Cominolli trigger.  Do you have a link or more information you could share?

(Edited by cpty1 at 6:29 am on Jan. 4, 2002)

First of all, since this is your first post, don't view the lack of response as being unfriendly.

Not at all. That's why I used the "little blue faces".

I just wanted to see if anyone was home.  

I thought with all the experience and knowledge here, someone would have some experience with the trigger.

Their web site doesn't say very much. I was already there.

Thanks...

(Edited by QBall at 10:50 am on Jan. 4, 2002)

Yup...I guess I'll wait and see.

I am concerned that they will be a problem part as were the Lightening Strike triggers that claimed to do the same thing.

They were finally recalled by LS.

(Edited by QBall at 11:04 am on Jan. 4, 2002)

Deb,

Did you buy the SRT or the LPT?

Does it defeat the drop safety?

If you got the LPT, have you checked the engagement?

(Don't tell anybody on GT I said that!)

I won't but there may be others that will!

(Edited by QBall at 2:06 pm on Jan. 4, 2002)

Quote: from GlockLady on 1:46 pm on Jan. 4, 2002

I posted on GT about my first look at the trigger:

I didn't post here yet, because I wanted to give it some time to break in, and I view this forum as a more serious competitive forum. (Don't tell anybody on GT I said that!).

Deb

I saw that!

I posted this question about the G.T. in this forum before in Oct./Nov. 2001 and nobody seemed to have heard about this trigger before. I took the plunge and ordered one for my G.-26. They have two types, one is the SRT and the other is SRT+LTP(more expensive). I have the latter one and I am not complaining as it does the job. Safeties all working.

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted this before in this forum pertaining to the G.T. I am not complaining and I think is good as the it eliminates the staging process. It just go all the way through. L.S. trigger is made of aluminium unlike the G.T. which uses the original trigger. I understand there is a recall on all the L.S. trigger sold.

My opinion is that by just changing the trigger will not help a great deal as you have to change other parts as well like:- lighter firing-pin, firing-pin spring, disconnector safety plunger and anything that will enhance the trigger pull. Is an amalgamation of all the parts that are related to the trigger.  

Not all of the L.S. triggers were recalled.  There were several versions.  Only the recent triggers that were marked something like "Reduces trigger travel by 50%" were recalled.  The post-recall models do not reduce travel as much.  I have one of the recalled models and have one of the new ones on the way so I'll post an update once I can compare.  I like the older L.S. trigger for its slightly shorter trigger reach (a by product of the reduced travel) and the wider trigger safety which I find much more confortable.  Installing the trigger didn't lighten the trigger at all.

• 5 weeks later...

we have the lpt on our (girlfriend and myself) g34's.

great trigger.

full engagement is met with the striker and trigger bar assembly.

they send them polished as well.

we put about 1,000 rounds through them each last week. no problems at all.

you will see another hole drilled through the trigger.

this is an area they changed the angles in case you wonder about it.

very clean trigger...for a glock. ;-)

will