Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dtc06 - Forum Get Together?

Don't know if this is the right forum section, but... :)

Looks like a bunch of us are going to be at the DTC match this year. Anyone interested in trying to put together dinner one night??

I'll be there Thurs/Fri/Sat nights, so I'm game for any night :) Need help w/ where to go, etc - if we can get a rough headcount, I'll even call and get a reservation somewhere or something....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great...but only if you promise not to drink alcohol, smoke cigars or use nasty language... :rolleyes:

I personally can't make any promises about the language, but... :lol:

Edited by XRe

There is a vast conspiracy, involving the FBI, CIA, the Freemasons, and.... uh, hold it. Wrong conspiracy...

Don't panic, Jamie - just a typo in my post :)

Edited by XRe

Good bar-b-que in Texas?? That's, like, a rhetorical question, right?? :lol: Looks like scorch has a couple of restraunts listed on the "Do, See, Eat in WF" page. I'm up for whatever, food wise. Don't know if the BBQ joints will satisfy the desire for booze or not - plenty of beer, probably. Don't know about liquor.

Otherwise, we can hit a fern-bar (Chili's or something), or whatever. Someone who's been there might could chime in w/ what's good, and what to stay away from :) And that could host a group of folks...

• 2 weeks later...

There is a place called the Branding Iron on scott street that has KILLER BBQ the only problem is that it is arather "hole in the Wall" restuarant. plenty of space but the looks are a bit rough. I eat there a lot, never had a problem. also a good steak house is Mcbrides steak house or texas road house. Of Course one of our "good ole boys" is making up some of his prize winning BBQ for sandwiches at the range match weekend.

Edited by scorch

It is Wichita Falls.......... Kind of like Las Cruces............

Things to do == drink and shoot............ but not at the same time........

I remember when... oh never mind... it is Texas

But I do want to go to the place/resturant that checks us at the door for knifes or guns ....and if we don't have one... B) they will provide loaners

I'm all for local flavor, if there's enough room for all of us :) We have to remember that registration for the weekend will be going on Friday night - so maybe we set the start time for somewhere near 7 (registration ends at 8), and go for a while??

I'll have already shot, so I don't need to do any carb loading or anything fun like that, personally. I'm all for BBQ or steaks, or whatever :)

Remember Carnia No speeding between Henerittia and Wichita Falls on US 287 there is ALWAYS a Hi-PO on that strech, as you well know.

The branding iron is big enough but lacks luster, Great place to eat, Just don't know wheater its the place to Hang out. We had a Ball at McBrides before the North Texas Champ. in October.

Anyone have a problem w/ targetting McBride's, then??

I second that... and mOve to have 'XRe' take care of the reservation arangments . we may need to kick in some $$$$ to get a good size room.

Alamo Sport Shooting Club / me / will kick in the first $50.00 I will give it to XRe this week end.

If the rest of you vote for him to do it :huh:

Alamo Sport Shooting Club / me / will kick in the first $50.00 I will give it to XRe this week end.

Well... I already offered, so no need to elect :) Unless someone else wants to do it :)

No need to fork over cash, though (yet) - let me see what's available up there, etc....

Actually, I'm going to need a feel for how many folks we might have, so I can tell them, etc... Usually, at a restraunt, if you have a party that meets the size requirements for a room, they let you in there (since you're buying food, etc...)

Edited by XRe