Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Guard Relief

Merlin Orr

I finally found a Norinco .45 to build a CDP gun. (thanks Benny) My gunsmith is soon to start on the needed mods and upgrades. My question.. I would like to relieve the underside of the trigger guard where it joins the handle - up toward the mag release - allowing a little more comfort and perhaps a higher grip.

Can I do this and remain within the rules? :huh:

Edited by Merlin Orr

From what I have seen, unless it is really radical, most folks can't recognize the relief cuts anyway. Properly done they are really kinda visually neutral.

whether it is actually legal or not...I don't know. I've not read anything to indicate that it would be.

FWIW

dj

Merlin, for SSP in the rules, cut and paste:

"EXCLUDED Modifications (NON-Inclusive list):

1. Externally visible modifications other than grips or sights.

2. Robar style grip reduction."

Number two is not listed under Excluded modifications for ESP or CDP. Like Ted said if you do this to your G34 you are now in ESP. It doesn't specifically say that you can but it tells you where you can't. I think that you will be fine.

Rick

Thanks to all for the info. I went through the rules for CDP and did not see anything that directly addressed or prohibited such a mod but still felt a little uneasy about doing it. My Trojan did have some relief from the factory. As Ted points out and Clay expands upon there are rules in other classifications that do address the point. Sooo, I agree I am good to go with some "slight" mods to relieve the area under the trigger guard. For me - just a little makes the gun much more comfortable to shoot.

It's purely amazing how my rough knuckles have worn the plastic trigger guard on my Glock 17. Glad they did though, now it's much more comfortable to shoot.;)

Guess if one guy can wear down the metal frame on a CZ with his finger, polymer would be even easier. ;)