Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts On Xd Tac And Glock 34

John K

What is the turn-around on the Canyon Creek trigger job? Just curious. I bought an XD for my son to start with and was wondering about trigger work. Thanks.

Jack

BTW,

I got a package deal with Springfield - 5" XD, 3 mags, holster, double-mag pouch, cleaning supplies; and case for $545. It sounded like an OK deal. What say ye?

Does anyone have contact info for Canyon Creek - website, etc.? Thanks.

Jack

I owned 4 XDs, 1 sub, 1 4inch, 2 tacticals with canyon creek trigger jobs. I shoot very well with the XDs but when I could't get spare parts the guns had to go. Like on one of my tacticals the extractor broke, call SA they told me to send the gun to see if it was cover under warranty, but since I had the trigger job done on it it was not. Sold all four and bought a glock 34 and counld'nt be happier. If was'nt for the parts issue I would never have gotten rid of them. Hopefully SA changes their policy. My two cents.

I had a trigger job (and other work) done on my XD9 tactical by Rich at Canyon Creek and it took a matter of days. Hours almost. It's ridiculously fast. Which is good.

I have XDs and have no problems with the finish (OK they've all been painted), the mags or even the parts (yet, I got some spares before the ban).

I'd say it boils down to how it feels/shoots for you. I like the feel of a CZ75/85 over the XD and have been using one in lieu of the XD for the last five or so matches. The XD is a little top heavy and I get a shake (unsteadiness) with it when the mag is not full which detracts from aim. Also, I point the CZ better.

I've never actually shot a Glock, although I respect them. I'll have to try one someday.

What is the turn-around on the Canyon Creek trigger job? Just curious. I bought an XD for my son to start with and was wondering about trigger work. Thanks.

Jack

I sent my Xd to Rich last summer for Trigger work, Bo-mars, & refinish; the total time without by blaster was only 7 days door to door. You'll want to contact him for current turn times, I definitely can't speak highly enough about his work you won't be dissappointed.

I gave Rich my gun on Sunday . Had it back in my hands on Thursday. He did a trigger job and Bomars and custom made a fiber optic front sight and refinished the slide.( 4 day turn around). 10,000 rounds later still going strong. No parts have broken. (Knock on wood). Best service from any gunsmith I have ever worked with. I like the xd better than any of my glocks. My opnion. Before you let anyone talk you into any gun try them out to see which one feels better to you. Most people will let you shoot there guns if you ask .

Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I think I will go ahead and send the pistol to Rich and have him work his magic on it. I think a lighter trigger pull is a definite need if my son is going to shoot it - he has small hands so he'll need all the help he can get. I think a fiber-optic front sight might be good. Still debating about the Bomar. Is that a real need in production division? I'll play with the pistol some today and decide. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Jack

• 3 weeks later...