Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket G35 Barrels ?

TBF

The stock Glock barrels scare me in 40 , after seeing what comes out of them I won't be using mine at all.

( If you disagree with this , and want to buy a brand new G35 barrel , never fired , please feel free to make me an offer.)

I understand the Bar-Sto has better support and a modified feed ramp.

Does this affect ammo selection ?

I hear good things about KKM barrels .

How does their support compare to the Bar-Sto ?

How big a deal is fitting a Glock barrel compared to a 1911 ?

I am thinking maybe just a little fitting on the hood ?

I have fit 1911 barrels with good results.

Travis F.

The stock Glock barrels scare me in 40 , after seeing what comes out of them I won't be using mine at all.

( If you disagree with this , and want to buy a brand new G35 barrel , never fired , please feel free to make me an offer.)

I understand the Bar-Sto has better support and a modified feed ramp.

Does this affect ammo selection ?

I hear good things about KKM barrels .

How does their support compare to the Bar-Sto ?

How big a deal is fitting a Glock barrel compared to a 1911 ?

I am thinking maybe just a little fitting on the hood ?

I have fit 1911 barrels with good results.

Travis F.

Travis

I researched after market barrels also and went with the KKM. For the record the stock barrel is fine and shouldn't scare you, it's perfectly safe. While true it isn't a fully supported barrel neither are the after market ones. I believe I read the after markets support about 90% of the case. My guess is your concern is the brass buldge. True the KKM and other after markets help this issue just get a EGW sizing die and you're good to go. If you double charge a 40 S&W round it won't matter who's barrel you have it's gonna be toast. If you go the fitted route it's the cost of the barrel + labor $50-100 depending on who does the work. I don't know all that is needed to fit a blank, the drop in barrels are cut to the average a little tighter than the stock. The drop in barrels will also help a little in the accuracy department.

Good luck in your search.

KKM is a great way to go. They are a very accurate barrel. I have one in my 24 and I am very happy with it. If you can fit a 1911 barrel you should have no problem fitting a Glock barrel. My KKM was fitted and it is tight and shots 2 inch groups at 25 yards and Im sure it could do better with a better shooter than myself pulling the trigger. I am not really sure how much more supported a Bar-sto is. KKM is the best barrel for the money IMO.

kkm here also. When you start to reload be sure to use the barrel as the case gauge, because the kkm chamber is tighter than the Dillon case gauge. At first I started having gun problems and attributed it to the barrel, but it was the bulging brass, the "u" die needed to be set lower. the bullets were fitting in the case gauge, but jamming in the gun. but once I realized that than it has run flawlessly after that. But I will still get a few rounds that will not fit into the barrel, So just remember that for future refferance.