Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Configuration

Merlin Orr

Merlin,

It does not seem to be explicity prohibited in the rules. But, and there is aways a but, the CDP reference to the glossary for slide lightening is:

"Slide, lightening: Removal of portions of the slide to gain a

competitive advantage."

:wacko:

So, I guess as long as the slide cut does not help you shoot better, you are good to go!

Later,

Chuck

Who makes that magwell for a single stack and where can I get one?!

Yep its an SVI and it requires one of their mainspring housings (or you can modify a standard mainspring housing with a dremmel/cut off wheels and some files) the opening is HUGE compaired to others (even an opened up S&A). I have 2 on my SS CDP guns and boy does it draw looks. I have to use the extended wilson basepads on the 47d mags and round the front end (like the international basepads for IPSC) to fit into the box. I prefer the SVI because it pushes my hand up high on the frame and as a by product did I tell you the opening is HUGE.

Edited by Crusher

Why would this be considered slide lightning and a Glock 34/35 be legal?

If it came from the factory that way (same general design as original), I would consider it legal - same as the G34/5.

I think this is what is meant by "slide lightening." courtesy of novaks handgunner outlet

http://www.novakshandgunneroutlet.com/images/SA9A2.JPG

(the image is too large to post)

fwiw,

MP

Edited by Mark Perez

Mark,

That picture is not what we were discussing. Flattopping a slide is cosmetic. This goes back to the subjectivity of the rules. If you are going to ban one gun then ban all guns that violate the rules. If STI/SV would offer a run of 2011's that have slide cuts like the G34/35 then would they be legal?

Doug

Mark,

That picture is not what we were discussing. Flattopping a slide is cosmetic. This goes back to the subjectivity of the rules. If you are going to ban one gun then ban all guns that violate the rules. If STI/SV would offer a run of 2011's that have slide cuts like the G34/35 then would they be legal?

Doug

IDPA > maybe .

TSA > fits in the box and makes weight > definitely.