Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition belt opinions

vgdvc

Hello shooters. Looking to get a new competition belt and I'm considering one of the ratcheting types. Dominator looks good as does DAA.

I came across another selection that doesn't seem to be mentioned as much from KORE with their designated competition belt. Anyone with opinions on these would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I modified 2 standard Velcro belts and made my own ratcheting belts. I love them! I made one for USPSA and another for the .22 events in my area. The ones you mentioned are all high quality and you wouldn’t be disappointed with any of them 

I use Kore belts for a concealed carry and as a normal belts for some time.  The belt bends over time and I cannot imagine using it as a competition belt if the competition belt is designed similar to their EDC/CCW belts.  Considering the weigh of USPSA rig I do not think the Kore belts would hold up very long.  Especially at that price point.  The ratcheting DAA belt comes in at $50 less than the Kore competition belt.  

I converted all of my DAA belts to the ratchet system and that would be the way to go if I were to start over.  

Thank you both for the input. I use a k o r e belt also for cc also. It seems their competition belt is considerably more rigid which is why I was considering it with the inner and outer belt combo offered. 

Would you both mind sharing your method and and what hardware you use to convert your existing belts to a ratcheting system?