Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trifecta of obstacles to overcome

BhmJeep

Any advice or experience overcoming any of these is greatly appreciated!

1. Astigmatism shooting Carry Optics

2. Tunnel vision when the timer goes off

3. Strong ADHD when trying to map out a stage plan.

Bonus: just about to top 60 years of age

These add up to a lot to overcome when shooting stages: CO sight looks like a starburst, inability to see/think about what’s coming up next, and no matter how much I think about a stage the entire plan gets flushed from memory.

Even though all of this I am a mid to lower shooter. It’s still fun and I love the comrades with the folks at the range. And still  very safe shooter. I just wish I could train a few of these issues out of my way!

stay safe everyone!

mike

I have an astigmatism myself.  I have switched over to the Sig Romeo 3 Max and XL mostly because that is the most crisp dot our of everything I have tried, which has been most of them on the market.  I have also found that my hydration plays a rather large part on how bad my astigmatism gets.  The less hydrated the worse it gets, the more hydrated the better it gets.

1 hour ago, Fimrire_RongLifle said:

I use a 2 moa green in the gigantic ring on holosun comp currently. With green I find a bit of double sword as i go brighter. I'd like to find green and an even bigger window sometime but I liked old slide rides so there's that. 

I use the Green 507 Comp as well. It's still a bit of a starburst but I can pick it up better and don't swim the sight to find the dot as much