Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks, Dillon!

While setting up my new RL 1050, I noticed that the eyebolt for the rod on the powder measure failsafe was missing.

Looked through all the packaging - no luck.

Called Dillon, they agreed to send me one, no questions asked. I told them no hurry, I had things to keep me busy until it arrived.

Next afternoon I get home and find a FedEx package on the porch - they shipped it Next Day Air.

Service like this is why I have three blue machines on my loading bench.

Thanks Dillon!

Also, thanks to BE for the great deal on the RL 1050 and accessories, all the advice, and the service after the sale.

Can't go wrong buying from Brian. :D

congrats on the reloader. Be forewarned that after you start loading on that thing, you won't want to load on any other press again.

I ended up leaving the bin full of loaded rounds overnight on my 1050. I called them up to order another bin (it had started to sag a little bit from the weight) and some other stuff. The person I talked to asked me what had happened to the original one and I told him. He said that he would send out a replacement N/C with the rest of my stuff. I then ordered two more even though I didn't need them to hopefully offset their loss the free one.

Great company. Great people.

I ended up leaving the bin full of loaded rounds overnight on my 1050. I called them up to order another bin (it had started to sag a little bit from the weight) and some other stuff. The person I talked to asked me what had happened to the original one and I told him. He said that he would send out a replacement N/C with the rest of my stuff. I then ordered two more even though I didn't need them to hopefully offset their loss the free one.

FWIW, Akrobins in various non-Dillon colors are available from the Container Store. I really like the clear ones and think Dillon should carry them so I can get them there too.. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta another Dillon story for ya:

Started reloading 40 minor with Clays on a 650-but I was having a very inconsistent powder drop-couldn't figure out why-I would put powder in the measure-crank out ten powder drops manually to test the powder measure and then screw on the plastic thumbnut.-never a bad measure!

Well, to make a long story short-after a terrible 2004 Summer Blast due to low powder charges- on the 3 hour drive home I got on the phone to Dillon to see if they could figure out what I couldn’t seem to. Don’t remember who I talked to –but in less than two minutes the Dillon rep told me exactly what I was doing wrong-AND besides being right he also knew enough to tell me the 2.9 grains of Clays was fine with the standard powder bar even though the manual says 3.0 grains is the min amount to use with the standard powder bar!

These guys are the best! :D

Dave M.

• 2 weeks later...

As of late, my 650 (50k+ rounds loaded on it) has been giving me fits.

Primers not feeding in the rotary priming system correctly, cases not "loading" into station1 of the press correctly (off center or not at all), etc.

After a few calls to Dillon, I have replaced just about all the plastic parts on this press, at no charge, I might add.

Lesson 1: change out these parts on a regular basis (about 20k rounds or so)

Lesson 2: buy a spare parts kit and have other spares on hand

Lesson 3: stop and thoroughly examine the problem to see what is going on. Don't be in too big a hurry

Lesson 4: never force the handle up or down

Thanks to the Dillon techs for their help.

A tip for 1050 owners that I am sure that I copied from someone somewhere.......I put a couple of cutoff 2x4s screwed together underneath where the loaded bin sits, so the loaded weight is supported by the hanger off the press and the 2x4s, so there is no undue stress on the plastic lip on the bin. I would take a pic but my room is being remodeled right now....Hope this helps someone! DougC

A tip for 1050 owners that I am sure that I copied from someone somewhere.......I put a couple of cutoff 2x4s screwed together underneath where the loaded bin sits, so the loaded weight is supported by the hanger off the press and the 2x4s, so there is no undue stress on the plastic lip on the bin. I would take a pic but my room is being remodeled right now....Hope this helps someone! DougC

Thanks, Doug. That's a good tip.

I tend to let mine go until it's full and it DOES bend quite a bit.

Jumping on the 'Thanks to Dillon' bandwagon;

I just got my 20 year old 550B press back after only two weeks. One of the overtravel stop lugs had broken. All the lower mechanisms were replaced with new ones containing lubrication holes, and the whole priming mechanism was replaced since it had just started hanging up (probably just worn out from use). All repairs plus shipping for no cost!

You can't get better service anywhere!