Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunshops Not Appropriately Ordering/stocking Powder

jkrispies

I have two gunshops in my town that sell powder. I went to both to buy some Titegroup in late December, and they both said that they were out.

The one shop I don't like says they won't order for a couple of months, and the preferred shop says they won't order any powder till after New Year's. Both order only in bulk due to haz-mat charges, as well as (California only???) restrictions on the amount of powder they can store at any one time. 250lbs according to them, and of course they're loaded up on a bunch of freak powders that they'll probably never sell. Okay, whatever-- waiting a few weeks is fair enough. So I buy the last pound of Bullseye in town to tide me over.

Today, I called my preferred shop, and now they say that they aren't buying any powder till after the SHOT Show at the end of February. WTF??? So, now I'm stuck buying whatever happens to be left over in their vault till MARCH??? It's not like I'm asking for some fancy Columbian blend here! It's friggin' Titegroup!!!

If you get desperate and don't mind hazmat shipping costs then Powder Valley has some in stock.

Hhmmm... eight pounds with hazmat and shipping is still cheaper than buying eight pounds from my gunshop. Doesn't sound all that desperate to me... If anybody else has an online powder source they'd like to recommend, I'm all ears!

I've ordered from Powder Valley and from T&T reloading. If you order a large amount from T&T, depending on if you purchase $200 or $400 worth, they may pay 1/2 or all of the hazmat on your order. They are both good places to do business with. I believe T&T does not stock Vitt powders but has several brands of primers. If you live back east they go to many area gun shows and will bring your items to you at the shows.

I too am fed up with high prices and lack of stock locally and deal primarily with Powder Valley or T&T and for surplus I deal with Jeff Bartlett who has always given prety good deals and good service.

Vince