Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm N330 with 124gr Coated Bullet

I have searched here and the internet and cannot find lead data even though numerous searches say to use the Vihtavuori Lead load Data.

Using a plated bullet like Xtreme it says 4.3grns for 981 PF 121  and max 5.1Grns 1132 PF 140.

Can I just go a little lower than plated for coated? Do coated travel faster or slower out of the barrel.

I would like to be at or a little under 120PF for a practice load.

Thanks!

Thanks, I was hoping for some more real life experiences with this combo.

I will just stay on the lower to mid plated  data and see what happens!

Or you can, and should, just use lead data. It will be the closest to coated. That's why you don't see official data for coated listed almost anywhere.

Edited by 4n2t0

Old Frank,

As you know, what they show is normally not even close to what you will actually get. Every gun is a rule unto its self. I would start with 4.1 and go from there. You will probably be surprised at what you get as opposed to what is printed. Any chorographical material is a certain gun at a certain date using a particular bullet and a particular lot of powder at a certain temperature at a certain elevation. A loading manual and certainly a burn rate chart (totally useless) is just a good starting point. Your pistol will determine the top or bottom load which may or probably may not be anywhere close to what is in print. A good chronograph is hard to beat when searching for the desired load and case head expansion is really the only high pressure sign I look for. Good luck on your search and have a great weekend.

Why do you want to use N330?

If you are looking for "sub Minor" PF, with 124gr, it is probably not ideal. Too slow burning. Not enough pressure to burn cleanly.