Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blast from the past!

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to share my pick up from a local shooter. He was moving it along as he's getting older and no longer needs 3 open guns. 

It was built by Wayne Berquist, it has a Caspian slide with a island barrel with a 12 port compensator on a STI frame. Double tapsports thumb rest, Cmore optic with 6moa dot. It has a Egw hammer. trigger pull was under 2 pounds ... Ice magwell, Infiniti trigger. Chambered in 38sc

Im new to the open gun world and will buy rounds until i get a press set up for reloading. 

Plan to add a slide racker and swap the grip to alum or stainless 

U3HAqIG.jpeg

Edited by Ohhhsoginger
Spelling

2 hours ago, caspian guy said:

Honesty if you aren't going to switch to a steel frame for the weight I wouldn't bother changing the grip.

I don't see anywhere where he said the frame wasn't steel.

Posted (edited)

Cool Beans.  If you are going to have it machined for a slide racker, make sure it is a detent ball, and get some slide lightning cuts at the same time, or just save the bucks and practice wracking it.

My best adice, shoot what you got for 30 matches, then decide how you want to spend your money.  

Edited by CocoBolo

1 hour ago, dapribek said:

No, but he said he might swap out the grip for aluminum or stainless, suggesting that his is polymer. 

You also said "steel frame", suggesting his frame was something other than steel.

On 7/7/2024 at 7:37 PM, NMBOpen said:

Eley 38SC Major

Just had some show up today 👍

On 7/7/2024 at 7:48 PM, caspian guy said:

Honesty if you aren't going to switch to a steel frame for the weight I wouldn't bother changing the grip.

I'd change for the smaller size. I currently have one that I really enjoy on my staccato