Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore 2.0 published 6/4/2024

skip62

Am I the only that noticed it was released?  I went to the Google Play Store and typed in practiscore and noticed there was a result that said Practiscore 2.0.  I loaded  it, put in some data, looks like it was released 6/4/2024.

I can't find any info on web.  It synced right away with another tablet, and my ProTimer BT.

Only for Android.  I've been visiting the Apple App Store daily since then, not there yet.  I did experience a problem on Android for a USPSA match PIN download, doing Export/Import > Update Classifications on 2.0.23version.

1 hour ago, NMBOpen said:

Only for Android.  I've been visiting the Apple App Store daily since then, not there yet.  I did experience a problem on Android for a USPSA match PIN download, doing Export/Import > Update Classifications on 2.0.23version.

And you haven't reported that why?

1 hour ago, NMBOpen said:

You aren't going to see it in the apple app store for a while. Though there is an ongoing public beta.

We encourage everyone to play with it AND report any issues directly at the support email.

Yes it is a beta. Make precautions. If you use it at the match - enable online score log (assuming your scoring devices have internet access) and/or export your data frequently.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Available on Apple now.  Testing on a variety of devices- so far seems OK on an 8-year old iPad Air, a 2 year old iPad Pro, and a current iPhone Pro 15.  App appears to be stable.

Some good UI improvements, including making it harder to accidentally fat-finger the wrong on-screen button and remote activate a timer from a pad (though you still can, if you intend to, for Steel Challenge, for example).

It seems to be more intuitive in a number of areas for people who aren't intimately familiar with the old app.

Synched right up to my Commander- still no Kestrel support.  I imagine that's on Kestrel's side at this point.