Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coming back

Knee surgery that resulted in an unanticipated 6(!) weeks of no weight bearing. Was able to do a little dryfire. 

Been stuck in a rut for awhile  prior to the surgery.

Am going to try to use this as an opportunity to "paint over" some bad training and make improvements. 

Problem-Programmed myself for a very long time to be smooth and get good hits. And, generally, that works fine at club matches. 

Question-How do I focus on speed/efficiency going forward? I do not want to do the same ol' thing because well, that got me where I am. 

9 hours ago, konkapot said:

Question-How do I focus on speed/efficiency going forward? I do not want to do the same ol' thing because well, that got me where I am. 

Is this a rhetorical question or were you looking for suggestions / input?

Edited by -JCN-

20 hours ago, konkapot said:

Been stuck in a rut for awhile  prior to the surgery.

20 hours ago, konkapot said:

Try taking a class from somebody that can break you out of that rut, then follow through.

Dry fire at full warp speed but don’t accept bad sight pictures.  Practice at full speed and dial back when you get unacceptable hits.  Your vision will tell you where your speed limit is in real time.  Slow is slow, smooth is slow, slow sucks.

There are many good training options these days, as there are now many great shooters who are doing classes affixed to a regional location instead of traveling.