Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Andy Hollar

Andy provided great leadership for USPSA and the organization benefitted.

I knew him only from meeting him at matches. He was always interesting to talk to.

Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

11 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

Andy Hollar, former USPSA President (RD3) passed 16 May 2024 in Pueblo CO.  I only met him a couple of times.  Hopefully some of you knew him better and can share some stories.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/pueblo-co/andy-hollar-11825808

Do yourself a favor and read his obituary. What a full life he lived!

May he rest in peace.

Thanks Sarge!  That was indeed an informative trip down memory lane.

One of my fondest memories was at the 1990 Nationals in Barry.  Andy was DNROI at the time and the RM for the match.  I was on top of the world following the Standards stage.  I had beaten some of my heroes on that stage, so life was good.  On the very next stage, my gun puked and as I was trying to clear the jam, I got hit in the chest by the Firing Pin flying out of the gun.  I let out a loud colorful expletive that could be heard several bays away.  I knew I’d just eaten a DNF Zero on a high-value stage.  A few minutes later, I was on the receiving end of a serious Andy butt-chewing.  I knew I deserved it and stood there humbly taking it.  I always appreciated the way that Andy handled it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I first met Andy at an NROI class that he was teaching. A great teacher who had really good examples of how to RO.  Later on we'd chat at matches.  Always a nice and thoughtful guy.