Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The eclipse was amazing. I went to Vermont to see it. It's a seventh wonder of the world. It got cold then dark. If you ever have a chance to see a full eclipse, do it. The red dot is a solar flare.

Screenshot_20240409_155442_Messages.jpg

The clouds parted just in time where we were to see it in the middle of Texas, but the phone cameras were useless at capturing it.

Super amazing to see totality.  4 minutes went by in a flash.  A tiny crescent of sun is cool, but totality is a completely different thing.

Two things that surprised me were the 'diamond ring' being only a couple seconds and how large the corona was.

5 hours ago, Youngeyes said:

The eclipse was amazing. I went to Vermont to see it. It's a seventh wonder of the world. It got cold then dark. If you ever have a chance to see a full eclipse, do it. The red dot is a solar flare.

Screenshot_20240409_155442_Messages.jpg

wow thats amazing!!!

14 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

I used a 200-600mm lens and set my sensor to APS-C mode - which makes the lens effectively 840mm - to get my shot.

I used a spotting scope with my cell phone and an adapter

20240408_152338.jpg

I wasn't thinking much of it until I experienced it.  We were in downtown Fort Worth doing interviews, so I thought we were going to miss it.  Probably 100 or so TCSO folks got to enjoy it.