Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You guys measure your bell & crimp?

So both Beretta barrels are quite accepting. I barely seated a bullet in a fired brass and pushed in until the brass was stopped. 

Removing the round it barely seated with an identical oal of 1.266. Well over 1.169 max.

This is what made me think the crimp was hanging up on the short feed ramp. Maybe it just hates these bullets at any oal. 

Interesting. Given that information, have you tried longer? Like 1.155? If the magazine will accept that length or longer. I'm only asking now because maybe the bullet's nose is too short, but by adding some length it might stop it from wedging itself in the barrel? Doubt it but now I'm throwing darts, lol.

Does it look like this?

image.thumb.jpeg.61b85fe83167942efc9521597bff1aee.jpeg

Or is it getting hung up on the feed ramp before entering the barrel?

Maybe the feed ramp plain doesn't like something about that bullet's profile. Kinda weird though. I'll let others with more Beretta experience chime in when it comes to Berettas and profile pickiness. Hey, it could be the crimp, but I would be shocked, no amazed, if that was the case, since you're not above .380.

I'm super interested in finding out the cause of your problems, so make sure to update this thread when you figure it out.

Edited by 4n2t0

The more I read about the 92x the worse it gets. Lots of stuff on the internet about FTF, magazine issues, it being ammo picky etc. Sorry, I don't mean to piss on your parade, I was trying to stumble upon a solution for you.

Hopefully one of the other members can help shed some like on the situation.

5 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

Interesting. Given that information, have you tried longer? Like 1.155? If the magazine will accept that length or longer. I'm only asking now because maybe the bullet's nose is too short, but by adding some length it might stop it from wedging itself in the barrel? Doubt it but now I'm throwing darts, lol.

Does it look like this?

Maybe the feed ramp plain doesn't like something about that bullet's profile. Kinda weird though. I'll let others with more Beretta experience chime in when it comes to Berettas and profile pickiness. Hey, it could be the crimp, but I would be shocked, no amazed, if that was the case, since you're not above .380.

I'm super interested in finding out the cause of your problems, so make sure to update this thread when you figure it out.

Looking at that it appears that the round is too long. It’s hitting the ramp forcing the nose up before the rim can clear the mag and start sliding up the breech face and under the extractor. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

Does it look like this?

That's exactly what's happening. But it goes a little farther in.

Edited by Abominator

Well I took a bunch of ammo that was giving me issues. Mostly different OALs of the 124grn everglades RN. I essentially gave them all a bit more crimp, some light and some heavy. 

I had zero issues! Very strange.