Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to me prodigy, questions

tswisher21

Good afternoon. I just bought a new Prodigy 5" hex Dragonfly. Does anyone know what the recoil spring weight is? Will regular 1911 springs fit it? At this point i have no intensions of doing this but has any one shot this with major loads? Thinking about that without a comp might just be worthless ( no gain ) The trigger pull is 5.25 lbs. In the forums i have read, they all say it gets better. Just shoot it. Thanks Tim

Other springs will work make sure to get government length springs. The prodigy by default isnt able to shoot major unless you do heavy modification. In my opinion if you want go the extra step get the EGW trigger kit for the prodigy to make it some what better.

1 hour ago, RJH said:

Can also do a trigger job on the factory components. Mine is reliable and right at 3 lb with the factory stuff

Same here, I got a great trigger pull at 2.5# just working over the factory parts.

I'm curious as to why you want to shoot major in a Prodigy.  It is a perfectly fine LO gun.  Major doesn't buy you anything unless you move to Open.  In that case, you want a real Open gun with no MIM parts.

Thanks for all the replies. I was  really just looking for answers to springs and trigger pull. I was just wondering about the major power factor. no intensions of doing it. It is just so similar looking to my STI DVC OPEN gun i had to ask. Now i know.Thanks again.