Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Well Calibrated Are USPSA Classifiers?

1 hour ago, llamasabound said:

I’m sympathetic to your example, but the local shooter you described doesn’t exist.

There were three Ms in the top 20 of CO last year, two of whom are national champions in other divisions.

There was one M in the top 20 at CO nationals in 2022 (who was not in the top 20 last year).

There is as one M in the top 20 at CO nationals in 2021 (who is now a G and was 59th last year).

If you go back to 2020 and years earlier, the field is so scattered and weak as to be non comparable. Top 20 in 2019 was 80%, ~90th last year.

I resemble that remark as being 22nd and 79% then. Hahaha.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, motosapiens said:

this is known as “not practicing enough”.

you know almost all majors (and many local matches) will require SH/WH shooting and reloads, so if u want to do well you must practice those things at least a little.

LOL,, but those not practicing cant shoot guys win classes... because the people that practice shooting do great at classifiers that have nothing to do with running.

Oh and I am basically busting chops,, I dont think classifiers line up well with matches. Because clubs usually set up the non movement short ones...  but eh the game changed.  People cry when matches have hard shots, ( just read some threads)  MD's build what fills matches...  

Edited by Joe4d

Added first iteration of recommended HHFs, as well as some additional insights like legacy scores and classification ages.

Recommended HHFs have yet to be used to calculate anything. Still, they show three different methods of HHF based on existing data from which some imaginary Classifier Committee can choose to fix HHFs.

Highlight of the release: 06-10 Steely Speed VII hates Limited shooters. 
This classifier has no reload component, no paper target, only steel. So there's absolutely no advantage in Minor vs Major. Yet it has a noticeably higher Official HQ HHF than the CO division. 

7fcf8b00-7a50-4a63-b359-ac81e06aa0edce9f4966-ba37-406d-a819-6f21749b028c

Full changes: https://github.com/CodeHowlerMonkey/hitfactorlol/pull/20

Edited by CutePibble
changes link