Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unintended Consequences of production 15

RJH

When production 15 was announced I was mildly interested and started looking at getting a new production gun. After looking for a couple of months, I decided on a 9mm 1911. 

Turns out I still don't like production guns, but am tired of range chickening 45 brass when I shoot Ss, so this seemed the only reasonable thing to do. 

So now my LO gun and my SS gun can share ammo and I don't have pick up brass when I don't want to. Seems like a win, win, win

Maybe pro 15 will help the ss numbers increase 🤣🤣

Been shooting 9mm SS for a couple of years now, most fun that I have had in years.  Picked up a PM9 and a Venom Custom single stack, superb guns.  Put a red dot on the PM9 for shooting indoor LO..

Edited by BadShot

I also really like shooting minor 9 SS, even at the competitive disadvantage (not going into that again, tons of threads here on it) but back then you could compare against the good Prod shooters.  Now it's gonna be tougher to beat them for sure.

5 minutes ago, shred said:

I also really like shooting minor 9 SS, even at the competitive disadvantage (not going into that again, tons of threads here on it) but back then you could compare against the good Prod shooters.  Now it's gonna be tougher to beat them for sure.

Yep, a 9mm 1911 is probably my absolute favorite pistol to shoot. For some reason they seem to feel better to me than even a 9 mil 2011, not sure why. 

Probably won't be any tougher to beat the production guys where I'm at, because I'm not sure they're going to be any LOL. Just like everywhere else, everybody shooting a dot, myself included. But from time to time I want to shoot iron sights and low cap, and a cheap 1911 was the way to go for me.

1 hour ago, BadShot said:

Been shooting 9mm SS for a couple of years now, most fun that I have had in years.  Picked up a PM9 and a Venom Custom single stack, superb guns.  Put a red dot on the PM9 for shooting indoor LO..

I just got an armscore, I'm single stacking for the poors lol

2 hours ago, shred said:

back then you could compare against the good Prod shooters.

I'm fully convinced I could restrict you to a 3" 1911 with flush-fit mags and you'd outshoot most Production shooters.  :)

It will be interesting if single stack grows due to the production change, maybe even in states that have the mag bans. I love the lineage of 1911s and think they still have the best trigger system available.

I had a DW PM9 setup that I bought off the forums and ended up selling a few years later. It was a slick shooter after I tuned the extractor. I sold it due to suffering from too many guns for divisions I don't shoot disease. 

I was practicing with it for knockdown steel side by side with my CZ shadow 1s, set up for both production and carry optics. I just found the grip and presentation on CZs much more familiar and I didn't want to put in the time to retrain on the 1911.