Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ocala, Florida

Please, check out the home owners insurance if you plan to come.

Have you ever lived in Florida because the only thing we have in common with Washington State, is the fact we are both States.

Edited by dannyd

Gainesville, FL is about 45 minutes north, matches there, Williston, FL about 30 minutes west, matches there, St Augustine about 1.5 hours away, Fernandina Beach, about 2 hours...sure there are others.

11 hours ago, dannyd said:

Please, check out the home owners insurance if you plan to come.

Have you ever lived in Florida because the only thing we have in common with Washington State, is the fact we are both States.

I haven’t but my wife used to live there. Thanks  for the advice about insurance, that’s one of my concerns about moving there.

I came back to Florida 40 years ago from California, my cost of living was cut in half, but today that's not true.

So, good luck on your quest, the Ocala area is beautiful, but everyone in the United State's is trying to move there too.

The condominiums laws will change in 2025, so if that's something you were thinking about, please check those out too.

The match in St. Augustine moved to Jacksonville, but it's off of US 301, so the range is easy to get too, but still about 75 miles from Ocala.

Edited by dannyd

• 3 weeks later...