Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Limited Blaster

North

Give a Glock 24 a try. With the right load that 6 inch barrel makes for a very accurate and soft shooting limited gun. There are plenty of ways to improve the stock Glock trigger as well. Accessories are plentiful for the Glock platform as well. Just my 2 cents worth. My 24 had been very good to me.

Eagle or Edge

The quality, workmanship, reliability, and resale of the STI are all ***much*** superior to the Para.

I started off with a P14 many years ago. I would have avoided many PITA situations and broken parts had I spent a bit more money up front. Instead, I spent it along the way on parts upgrades/replacement, the later sold the gun for much less than I had in it.

Perhaps consider a G35 if you want to save a few bucks and are open to a non-1911. They can be very competitive out of the box.

Myself, personally, I'd go with the Eagle with bull barrel. I like the feel of a "Classic" 1911. I find the Edge too nose heavy for me.

This is assuming you won't be shooting IDPA, at which point I'd say switch to a bushing barrel and put a tungsten guide rod in.

Ray