Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tv Saying Gun Control Doesn't Work

hopalong

Just saw it with my own eyes!! :)

John has a top 10(I think) of Myths, Facts, and Straight talk.

Number 5 was Gun control

He said the Government (CDC) has said there is no proof that gun control works, and even interviewed a few Convicted felons in prison. They said what we have been saying....

They don't worry about the laws, and that they are more worried about someone else having a gun.

Thank John!! :D:D:D

HOP

Yep. I think that is a re-run or at least a re-hash of as show he did last year about the time his book came out.

I remain amazed that Stossel is still employeed by a major liberal media conglomerate.

That book was a pretty interesting read...well...it was until I left it on an airplane last May about 30% finished. :(

I read somewhere that Stossel almost lost his job more than once because he tells the truth on gun control. He seems to be a refreshing change from the average reporter, one who actually cares that the truth is reported.

Carl

<added>

Here is a link to one of his articles:

http://realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-10_19_05_JS.html

Edited by Carl

+1

Refreshing ........ even if no one will pay attention except us shooters!

Perhaps WE are the type of people who should run for office in the future. I just read that despite massive publicity by anti-gun groups prior to thier national election in October, the people of Brazil VOTED DOWN 2-to-1, an issue that would have banned gun ownership. They already have to submit to psychological testing just to prove they can "handle" a firearm, and currently are limited to 2 handguns per household!

What's next ?

PS I wonder why the CDC was doing "extensive" research on firearms ........ ??

Edited by Glock24Shooter

What if it were legal in America for adults to carry concealed weapons? I put that question to gun-control advocate Rev. Al Sharpton. His eyes opened wide, and he said, "We'd be living in a state of terror!"

In fact, it was a trick question. Most states now have "right to carry" laws. And their people are not living in a state of terror. Not one of those states reported an upsurge in crime.

Why? Because guns are used more than twice as often defensively as criminally.

Studies on defensive use of guns find this kind of thing happens at least 700,000 times a year.

Holy Crap! B)

Edited by Glock24Shooter

PS I wonder why the CDC was doing research on firearms ........ ??

First Reports Evaluating the Effectiveness of Strategies for Preventing Violence: Firearms Laws

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2.htm#tab

May be the report you are thinking of. They didn't make a definitive statement, only concluding "In summary, the Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence."

But at least they did not bend the facts to indicate that Gun Control Laws were effective. A glimmer of hope?

Carl

[quote name='Glock24Shooter'

Studies on defensive use of guns find this kind of thing happens at least 700,000 times a year.[/i]

Holy Crap! B)

:) the truth shall set you free!

Carl