Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wisconsin Section

ltdmstr

Anyone happen to know what transpired with regard to the Wisconsin Section's affiliation with USPSA?  From what I've heard, the Section and most clubs are still affiliated with USPSA, but a number of clubs are moving to PCSL and will not run USPSA matches any more. 

Josh Stoos, the old USPSA Wisconsin Section Coordinator, started to talk about de-affiliating over the summer with many MDs around Wisconsin. He wanted to have a vote in December to have everyone de-affiliate all at once. Speaking to many MDs around the state myself it was obvious this was not what the entire state wanted.

The outcome of the vote was posted on Facebook saying some of the clubs were de-affiliating and going with PSCL. Some were going to add PSCL to the mix, and others were going to stick with just USPSA. 

Josh has since stepped down at USPSA SC for Wisconsin and now Bill Hatfield has taken over. 

IMO it seemed to be a few with an axe to grind. I'm all for competition but forcing people out of a sport is pretty lame to me. Ive seem similar things happen at some clubs in SW Michigan and that resulted in killing all shooting sports at a club. 

Edited by Maximis228

Got it.  Been on enough boards of shooting clubs, gun ranges, etc. to know how that is.  Endless drama.  That's why I don't bother any more.  Guess we'll see how it shakes out come spring and summer.

When it gets down to actually shooting the matches how differently do people shoot PCSL vs USPSA? How much of the time are shooters putting one round on a target vs two. Or any other differences that occur.

26 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

In many of the strong hand/weak hand/etc. style stages, I'm seeing a lot of shooters, myself included, opt to hit a K zone. 

Seeing a lot of shooters? Are you traveling well outside of Wisconsin to shoot PCSL matches? Only 2 clubs running matches in the Midwest (That im aware of) so far are in MN (Tim D.) and Indianapolis (Joey Z.). Killing off USPSA clubs before we even have active PSCL clubs seems like a really bad idea for shooting sports in general. 

WGC shoots a weekly Tuesday night league. We've had that as PCSL instead of USPSA for a couple of months now to reduce the amount of fees we pay to USPSA and keep more money within the club.

Our monthly matches are still USPSA and will likely remain USPSA for the near future.

@Maximis228 -- Pretty much identical. The people that want to shoot together and hang out together and chit chat stays the same.

The feeling is basically that we're shooting USPSA but with these targets instead. People are still following the USPSA equipment rules when shooting locap divisions like single stack, but all of the high cap guys are following the 21+1 rule for the most part.