Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches For A Glock 21 For Limited 10

Navy87Guy

I'm going to start shooting my G21 in Limited 10. What mag pouches are big-frame Glock shooters using? The CR Speed Versa Pouches don't fit the .45 ACP. Has anyone tried their Speed Mag Pouches?

I've also looked at the Comp-Tac Belt Feed system. Anyone have any reviews?

I'm always open to the collective wisdom of folks who have been doing this a lot longer than me!

Thanks!

Jim

I use the Safariland 771 (I thinks that the model #).

Are you sure they won't fit in the CR speed versa-pouch?

This is what is says on the Rescomp web site:

The Versa-Pouch is supplied with shims so that

it can be set up for a variety of popular pistol

magazines.

Including all Hi-Cap style Mags

Eg: STI, SV, SPS, Para Ordnance, Bul M5

& all clones.

Small frame Glock Mags.

Under the Speed Pouch description it says:

GL Small

Small frame Glock Mags 9mm & 40cal.

GL Large

Large frame Glock Mags 10mm & 45 acp

So I'm interpreting that to mean that the small frame Glocks do not include .45 ACP and 10mm.

If anyone has experience to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks.

Jim

Check out www.barneybuddy.com for SpeedComp mag pouches. I just started using them and like them a lot. I am not sure if they will fit the big frame Glocks or not, but an email to them would find out. They are real well built and though kinda different to use, once you get adjusted they seem really fast.

Check out www.barneybuddy.com for SpeedComp mag pouches. I just started using them and like them a lot. I am not sure if they will fit the big frame Glocks or not, but an email to them would find out. They are real well built and though kinda different to use, once you get adjusted they seem really fast.

+1 on the Speedcomp. My reloads are faster now with these. It isn't so much that I am quicker as much as that I don't fumble the reloads nearly as much. The placement and position allow you to grab the mag more consistently. They are rock solid and don't move.

-RS

"Comp-Tac Belt Feed system. Anyone have any reviews"

The Comp-Tac Belt feed system is what I am currently using for Production and L10. To this date I have nothing negative to say about this magazine pouch system.

I sent an email to SpeedComp and got a reply from John. He asked me for the measurements on the Glock 21 mag, then wrote back saying that based on the measurements they won't fit in the STI pouches they are just finishing up. He was going to try to get hold of a G21 mag and try it out to see if the fit was acceptable in any of them. I was impressed with the quick response!

Jim

For L10, Limited and Open Divisions the Speed Comp magazine pouches should work fine once they are available for a G21. Wouldn’t it make more sense though since you also compete in the Production Division to use something like Comp-Tacs "The Beltfeed' since all of the magazine would be close together and it would comply with the USPSA Production equipment position rule that’s found in Appendix F3.

That way you could condition yourself to always pull out the magazines from the same area of your body and I would be dealing with one less change between divisions especially since L10 and USPSA Production have the same magazine capacity limitations. Anyway that’s my 2 cents.

I have a beltfeed as well and don't like it. One the mags are too close to each other, making it pretty easy to get mixed up and or grab more than one at a time. Two the outside pouches kinda rattle around. Plus you really have to pull the mag straight out- no room for error for a smooth grab. Sure you can get use to most any equipment with sufficient practice, but IMO the beltfeed stretches the learning curve out. Buy Speed-Comp or CR-Speed. I haven't tried the Speed-Comps yet, but have checked them out and they are a lot better in design than the beltfeed. CR-Speed's reputation speaks for itself IMO, that is what I use and have absolutely no complaints other than the are made overseas. <_<

For L10, Limited and Open Divisions the Speed Comp magazine pouches should work fine once they are available for a G21. Wouldn’t it make more sense though since you also compete in the Production Division to use something like Comp-Tacs "The Beltfeed' since all of the magazine would be close together and it would comply with the USPSA Production equipment position rule that’s found in Appendix F3.

That way you could condition yourself to always pull out the magazines from the same area of your body and I would be dealing with one less change between divisions especially since L10 and USPSA Production have the same magazine capacity limitations. Anyway that’s my 2 cents.

Well, I already have mag poiuches for the guns I shoot in Production...and I don't think I'm inclined to spend $125 a shot to buy more, since the Beltfeed is gun-specific. (And my G21 isn't Production legal, so I'll never shoot it there.) I understand limiting the differences between divisions, but that's a pretty expensive way to overcome the learning curve issue.

I got a reply from John at SpeedComp. Nothing they have fits the large frame Glocks, but he'll put it on the development list. I'm not sure how much demand there is, so it probably won't be a priority. So I guess they're off my list.

So the search continues...

Thanks for the input -- keep it coming!

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy

NAvy,

I feel your pain, since there doesnt seem to be that many folks out there using G21's or G20's in USPSA competition. If there were you would see a larger selection of aftermarket items available for them.

Navy,

After posting my last reply it made me stop and think about this matter a little further since I am also experiencing a similar issue as you are since I plan on using a G20 for Limited Competition.

I had an old Safariland belt with Safariland Magazine Pouches (Model 771) and a Limcat Holster that I used to use with a P16 for Limited competition. I tried those pouches with the G20 Magazines and voila it worked so that just might be the answer to my problem which I believe is similar to yours.

The top part of the photo is the Old Safariland Belt Combo with the G20 magazine inserted. The bottom part is the Ghost Holster for Glock that I'll be using with the CR Speed Belt minus the CRSpeed Magazine Pouches.

G20_Magazines_in_Safariland_Magazine_Pouches.pdf

Edited by ryucasta

I use the Safariland 771 (I thinks that the model #).

Are you sure they won't fit in the CR speed versa-pouch?

I just had a friend over that had a G21 magazine along and we tried it. It won't fit the newer style mag pouches, but they do make one to fit in the older style. Just some food for thought.