Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SCSA - Top 20

Hoops

Since SCSA.org IT already collects this data, would members like to see the list expanded to Top 100?  

Would it be also be better for the GM class to be shown as their actual percentages over 100? Example: 115.35%.

thanks

13 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Would it be also be better for the GM class to be shown as their actual percentages over 100? Example: 115.35%.

thanks

Everybody else's percentages are the actual number, no reason that GM should not be. We can figure this out but there is no reason to make us go hunt it down.

Stop and think for a minute. The two top clubs (Volusia and Flagler) in terms of matches held and classifiers run are located in a 'retiree rich' area of Florida. They can run weekday matches, and weekend matches. 

There are a lot of elderly shooters who have been active competitors in USPSA, IDPA, ICORE, but due to age are no longer are able to run full speed in those games. SCSA allows them to still compete, and have fun while doing it. I know for a fact that some of those weekday matches are as much a social event as

competitive event. And there's a bunch of A, M, and GM class shooters showing up for those. What's wrong with that?

SCSA is also a great way to introduce young shooters to competitive shooting.

It's not hard to see why Steel Challenge is increasing in popularity.

17 minutes ago, GOF said:

Stop and think for a minute. The two top clubs (Volusia and Flagler) in terms of matches held and classifiers run are located in a 'retiree rich' area of Florida. They can run weekday matches, and weekend matches. 

There are a lot of elderly shooters who have been active competitors in USPSA, IDPA, ICORE, but due to age are no longer are able to run full speed in those games. SCSA allows them to still compete, and have fun while doing it. I know for a fact that some of those weekday matches are as much a social event as

competitive event. And there's a bunch of A, M, and GM class shooters showing up for those. What's wrong with that?

SCSA is also a great way to introduce young shooters to competitive shooting.

It's not hard to see why Steel Challenge is increasing in popularity.

I agree.  FL is a perfect place for SC and it appears they have very good ranges and MD’s.  

I probably should have been a bit clearer relative to the Top 20 subject line.  In this case, I was talking about the Top 20 people by division and class that SC updates on their website weekly.

my thinking was that it was expanded to Top 100, perhaps it would provide more people to see where they rank across the country.  

I had suggested previously that SCSA.org might consider showing every member where they rank by division and class.

For example:  let’s say there are 2,500 A-class RFRO shooters.  If a shooter is in 250 th place nationally, beside their class would be A (250/2500).  I personally would find this interesting to know.

lastly, in the current Top 20, GM’s are capped at 100% and should be their actual percentage.

thanks

18 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I agree.  FL is a perfect place for SC and it appears they have very good ranges and MD’s.  

I probably should have been a bit clearer relative to the Top 20 subject line.  In this case, I was talking about the Top 20 people by division and class that SC updates on their website weekly.

my thinking was that it was expanded to Top 100, perhaps it would provide more people to see where they rank across the country.  

I had suggested previously that SCSA.org might consider showing every member where they rank by division and class.

For example:  let’s say there are 2,500 A-class RFRO shooters.  If a shooter is in 250 th place nationally, beside their class would be A (250/2500).  I personally would find this interesting to know.

lastly, in the current Top 20, GM’s are capped at 100% and should be their actual percentage.

thanks

That's not a bad idea. It would be interesting. 

Honestly everyone should know where they rank. This isnt something hard to calculate when all the data is automatically feed into the program. It's not like 30 years when pen and paper where the main means of data collection.

4 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Honestly everyone should know where they rank.

Really, how? (Secret Squirrel list?) 😁 I have a 100% time and when I look at one of the top shooters in the top 20 and calculate his percentage it comes out to be 152%. How many after the top 20 are shooting 100%? Are there 200 people shooting 100%? Other than knowing that I'm MILES away from the top guys I have no idea how far down the list I fall. With a name I can go calculate someones percentage but who is in the top 100? They have the data, I would like to see it.

Edited by Gregg K

9 hours ago, Gregg K said:

Really, how? (Secret Squirrel list?) 😁 I have a 100% time and when I look at one of the top shooters in the top 20 and calculate his percentage it comes out to be 152%. How many after the top 20 are shooting 100%? Are there 200 people shooting 100%? Other than knowing that I'm MILES away from the top guys I have no idea how far down the list I fall. With a name I can go calculate someones percentage but who is in the top 100? They have the data, I would like to see it.

@Gregg K I took @Squirrel45’s comment to be that he was agreeing that everyone should know their rank and that SCSA org has all the data electronically, therefore with some programming it shouldn’t be hard to provide (by org).

I also would like to see ranking by percentage.

I try to benchmark my performance in a match by others at my same skill level, but even within a Classification like "A" there is the wide variety of low A/shooting B matches, mid A/shooting A matches, and high A/shooting A & M stages.

12 hours ago, Hoops said:

@Gregg K I took @Squirrel45’s comment to be that he was agreeing that everyone should know their rank and that SCSA org has all the data electronically, therefore with some programming it shouldn’t be hard to provide (by org).

I'm sure you are correct and I totally misread the post. My apologies. 

• 3 weeks later...