Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF armorer

ErikW

Maybe.  Maybe not...  Glock markets that as a $20-some dollar part, so I don't think he/she will do one for one swap with a 5lb connector.  Why not just buy one from Glockmeister and do it yourself (other than not wanting to cough up $25 for a $1 part)?

I would like to say that the Glock armorers have ALWAYS taken EXCELLENT care of my and my petty gripes and desires at matches.  I won't specify anything, so as not to obligate them, but the service was nothing short of tremendous.  

E

GSSF Armorers, as a rule, will not install 3.5lb connectors at a GSSF match, with the possible exception of replacing a broken one from a Glock that originally came from the factory with one, you have both pieces in your hand and maybe not even then.

Yeah well the deal is the GSSF match is this weekend, I'm scheduled to RO Sunday, so I may have to shoot Saturday. No time for a new connector unless the armorer has one and will do it.

Got my gun at the last minute, reversed the rear sight, filed down the front, blacked out the front, and practiced keeping shots in the inner two rings of tombstone targets. The trigger sucked but I was dealing with it. Then I tried that G34 and it didn't stack up at the end of travel like my 17.

Erik,

Have you tried putting SlideGlide on the connector & where the trigger bar intersects the striker?  It helped mine out a bit.  FWIW, there is a lot of feel variation in the connectors.  Some 5lb-ers feel much better than others.  Maybe the armorer will let you try a few.

E

Hey Eric check out this link.....http://limitedgun1.bei.t-online.de/      

There is a link at the tasc website also for a website hosted by matt burkett that has an article by dale rhea on dremeling your glock.   I tried all of his mods and the only one that I didn't like was thinning the connector.   I ended up sticking with the + connector with all of his trigger mods and ended  up with a 2.25lb trigger that broke a little crisper than the 3.5 lb connector which felt a little mushy.  Try it out see if you like it.  The 3.5 connector with all of the mods broke around 1.8 to 2lb's.  The extra .25 pound didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference but it broke cleaner.  I can't describe it it just felt better.

Well the GSSF match is over.

I find it amusing that they think my shooting skills are so keen they don't want me competing against everybody and they restrict me to two particular divisions so my shooting abilities don't overwhelm everybody. But if I want a different part in my 17, the same part they put in the 34 and 35, I'm just another yahoo who's a danger to society if I have a trigger pull under five pounds.

There's no problem with installing a factory Glock part, you're still GSSF stock legal.

BTW, while ROing I called some guy on using +2 basepads in his Amateur LE gun. Then he had a Bar Sto barrel in his Competition gun. The GSSF guy didn't seem to care much, but he did move him into Unlimited because of the Bar Sto.