Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So the IRC, WRC and the Australian ICORE Championship were all the same weekend..

10 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

I thought I heard the 2024 IRC location  was going to be announced Sunday past?  I've talked to the guys expecting to run the '24 IRC  but radio silence from the board.

how odd......

How bizarre, how bizarre...

:)

3 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Which one did you shoot? Would you shoot it next year? How'd it go?

I had to skip this year, but I hope to shoot Cameo next year.

I shot the IRC.  I shot 3 M/NS in the first 6 shots of the match, otherwise would have been 3rd open.  Struggled through much of the rest of the match with a handful of more or less acceptable stages performances.

They put a really good match on the ground, solid stages.

That part of colorado was absolutely incredible(scenery).  We took a ride through the Colorado national monument which there aren't really words for.

3 hours ago, testosterone said:

It was announced, not sure who you are asking.   It will be back in PA at Ontelaunee rod and gun club, the date is not set but expected to be fall again.

The IRC? Back east?

Pass

3 hours ago, testosterone said:

It was announced, not sure who you are asking.   It will be back in PA at Ontelaunee rod and gun club, the date is not set but expected to be fall again.

I just didn’t see it posted on the ICORE fb page nor mentioned anywhere. Hopefully the dates don’t collide with the WRC and the WRC is at Moro Bay. Fallon for us is just a tad too far.  
Flying these days is horrendous and guns make it worse.  For Moro Bay we got up at 3am and got home at 11:45pm.  Nothing is on time anymore. 

26 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

I just didn’t see it posted on the ICORE fb page nor mentioned anywhere. Hopefully the dates don’t collide with the WRC and the WRC is at Moro Bay. Fallon for us is just a tad too far.  
Flying these days is horrendous and guns make it worse.  For Moro Bay we got up at 3am and got home at 11:45pm.  Nothing is on time anymore. 

Our jump from grand junction to denver was cancelled, 4 of us were at the match hotel took my rental and hauled ass across i70  to catch our flights, we all got to our gates 10 min before boarding.   It wasn't how i expected to spend the day but we did make it, drove through hard rain first 40 miles which sucked but it cleared up after that, remaining 3 hours was the most scenic drive you can imagine.  

17 minutes ago, testosterone said:

Your profile says ontario, fallon is like 100's of miles north of morro bay, no?

Morro Bay is in south/central California. Fallon is in western Nevada.

Screenshot_20231004-164614.png

Edited by ysrracer

I shot the WRC. Great match. Fired up some enthusiasm to shoot revolvers again. I will definitely go back. This was the first of a point series where different clubs host the match.

15 hours ago, testosterone said:

Your profile says ontario, fallon is like 100's of miles north of morro bay, no?

The usual plan is to fly to SFO from Toronto, stay overnight, get the rental and drive to Moro bay.  Fallon adds 90-120 minutes.  Makes getting back rather unpleasant.  Flying into Reno isn't great from here and on points difficult if not impossible.

35 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

The usual plan is to fly to SFO from Toronto, stay overnight, get the rental and drive to Moro bay.  Fallon adds 90-120 minutes.  Makes getting back rather unpleasant.  Flying into Reno isn't great from here and on points difficult if not impossible.

Wait, Canada has airports now?

Sweet !!

2 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

i see, so its a direct flight issue.

Neither morro or fallon are particularly good about getting a direct flight that puts you close to the range in one shot from far away.

I flew into SLO 3 of the 5 times I shot IRC in morro, and every single time the journey home had some mega delay/cancellation.

Morro Bay is doable.  Especially now with the insane cost of rental cars.  So I get a cheaper points booking for the last flight of the day , use my Marriot points for a hotel and pick up a cheaper rental next morning at a place outside the airport that has usual biz hours and save a few hundred $. 

It is also good insurance if the airport check in is a complete cluster **** in Toronto and the bags and guns don't make it and come in on the next day early flight around 1pm.  Ask me how I know! Arriving 4hrs early just doesn't cut it anymore.....

A fellow IPSC shooter went to shoot the Euro handgun match 2 weeks ago and his guns stayed put in YYZ, thankfully someone lent him their backup.

• 4 weeks later...

I shot the IRC, it was the nicest single venue I have ever been to in terms of total package.  Food was good and reasonably priced, scenery was amazing, the range facilities were top notch.  I wish I brought a long-rang rifle with me and stayed a few more days. 2,000 yard rifle range was something to behold!  The big-bore rifles echoing through the property all day was something special.  The last-minute cancelled leg from GJT to DEN was not ideal, but I was glad @testosterone had room in the van!

I'm planning to shoot both IRC and WRC next year.

At this year's IRC it was announced that Ken would have it in PA next year.  Last I heard he was sorting out final approval on match dates with his home club.  I am really looking forward to him hosting again.  He knows how to run a solid ICORE match.

USPSA announced Sept. 13-15th at CMP for Revo Nats

Facebook thread says WRC will either be July at Morrow Bay or first weekend in October in Fallon.  I am hoping for Morrow Bay because everyone raves about it, I have never been.

Edited by Alaskan454