Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Possible New Or Old Revolver Shooter Joining The Ranks

JohnRodriguez

He is playing and having a fun time - oh yes, he is also bringing game and has a lot of room to improve.

He shot an 8-holer and this night the stages fit the gun nicely.

A great shooter and you have to remember, he started with Revo's.

Your getting closer...

He used a 6 shot in last Saturdays paper match (on the 24th).

I heard only some of the conversation but the jist is he has a stock revo or two sitting around that he has been thinking of doing a mod or two on. So Vic loaned him his different revos for him to play with and see what he likes.

He still has game no matter what he shoots, I was there to watch him as he began the return to the wheel and it didn't take much and he was right back into the groove. Although it was funny to hear him plan a stage...6 shots there, reload, 6 shots there and so on.

He has been running with a single stack so the only real big change was the reloads.

Either way he still kicks butt.

Edited by AZ38super

Pat's guess is the same as mine as to why he's picking up a revo. supposidly his weekend is also free for the IRC. I'll be probably lend him my 627 38/357 with a full lug 5"barrel and some 38 short colt's that make 130pf to give that a try, since vic's lent him his 38 super to try, and I promise I'll grill him this weekend at the icore match in Phoenix if he shows up. he shot at the december icore match and was on a tear. He's been asking questions on pro's and cons of the 38 super and 38 special, trigger jobs, etc. I think when he gets his standing reloads down, he'll be unstopable.

John, there will be no Revo match this week. Rio will be closed that day because it's New Year Day.

On Tuesday he was running Vic's 627. And ya, when he gets the reloads down it's going to be fun. He is a great shooter regardless of equipment and he always has game. You ought to see him with a shotgun.

John, don't show up this weekend. There is no match.

Robbie has the weekend off for the IRC this year. He said he's always wanted to shoot it but there were always conflicts.

His ammo sponsor is Winchester so he will be shooting their ammo, factory loaded. We exchanged guns last night and his trigger is set at about 7 pounds and will reliably set off even the enviromentally safe primers.

Last night he shot 9 mm out of his ( Vic's) 38 super. We made up a mini squad of revolver shooters and had a great time.

It will be fun to watch his modifications over the next few months and his improvements.

BTW his reloads have definately improved since you last saw him John.

I'm happy to see Robbie shooting a wheel gun. He's a great guy and a good friend. I took his class on steel shooting last year and was the only revo shooter there. I asked him if it would be a good class and he definately spent time with me on each of the practice stages.

Pat's guess is the same as mine as to why he's picking up a revo.

I was initially surprised to see that Rob did not respond to the Shooting Gallery Invitational thing, and is apparently being replaced in the rotation by another shooter still yet to be determined.

(Less surprised after I thought about it for awhile.....)

Mike

P.S. And I definitely agree it's great to hear he's picked up the wheelie!