Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Metal Competitor Brass Magwell and Brass Magazines Extensions?

BobRockefeller

What are folks running on their M&P Competitors to increase the weight?

I see Floyds Custom has a brass magwell, but no brass magazine extensions. Talyor Freelance has brass magwell extensions, but no brass magwells.

I sure wish that S&W had just made the gun with a steel frame in the first place.

• 2 months later...

I had a Competitor and ran the Floyd’s brass magwell and the Freelance brass mag extensions. Everything ran good together. I ended up selling the M&P because I couldn’t good it to shoot a good group no matter what I tried.

20 minutes ago, Drell said:

I had a Competitor and ran the Floyd’s brass magwell and the Freelance brass mag extensions. Everything ran good together. I ended up selling the M&P because I couldn’t good it to shoot a good group no matter what I tried.

How big was the group?

I didn’t measure it, but it was probably 3 inches at 20 yards. My 320s and my other M&P all had much better groups.

Another guy I shoot with had a Competitor with the same issues. He put an Apex barrel in his and it helped a little bit.

• 2 months later...

I've got the freelance brass mag extensions and working great for me. Switched to an apex barrel and get 2" groups at 25. 3" at 20 is probably good enough for USPSA, but I understand always wanting better!

• 2 weeks later...