Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition Holster for M&P w/ TLR1

tk4

15 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

This is the one I got. You can choose your attachment method when ordering. 
Feels just like a blade tech. 
https://fourbrothersinc.com/collections/competition-holsters/products/smith-wesson-m-p-m2-0-with-tlr-1-duty-competition-holster

Which attachment do you use/suggest?  I generally prefer a medium drop (about 1 inch).  I like the Blackhawk medium drop.  It might line up properly to bolt on, but it might not.

2 hours ago, tk4 said:

Which attachment do you use/suggest?  I generally prefer a medium drop (about 1 inch).  I like the Blackhawk medium drop.  It might line up properly to bolt on, but it might not.

I’m not a drop/offset person. I prefer front of grip about the top of my belt so a standard Tec-lock is what I have on mine. 
The duty drop may be more what you’re after. 

• 2 months later...

I have been looking for a holster for a 5” M&P CORE with tlr1 as well.  I’m ordering this one:

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/Q-RC-Light-Bearing_Holster.html

it is compatible with many company’s belt attachments so I can use existing Safariland system.  You can order it with or without attachments.

It had positive recommendations from users on S&W forums.

IMG_1989 Large.jpeg

1 hour ago, IC24 said:

It had positive recommendations from users on S&W forums.

Since 2015 I have probably bought thirty holsters from him, majority of them for M&P.  It is pretty much to the point that JMCK doesn't make an IWB-3 holster for it I probably will not buy the gun. 😎

If you browse his site know that things are differentiated between Quick Ship and Custom Products, so if a pistol or combo isn't listed, you might be looking at Quick Ship and the holster is available in Custom Products.  I wish this aspect of their www site was more elegant, but IMO their gear is fantastic. 

ETA: I use a Blade Tech ASR with my R/C holster.  I have a second one setup for the light pistol that had a paddle attachment for Bump-In-The-Night.  I also have a third one with a drop-offset I do not use very often, but for days like today so I do not need to keep unzipping my coat when it is my turn to shoot.

Edited by mmc45414

• 2 months later...

I purchased and received the above JM holster a few weeks ago.  My daughter adopted it as she already adopted my MP9.  She used it in a match the next day.  

She has been training with it for a month now and is working as designed.

It is performing well, and we are both very happy with the product and the company.  We will buy from them again.