Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Sp01 Shadow 1 for CO

Peterock

Just got one from CZC with the SRO cut and plate.  Want to add a magwell and short aluminum grips (maybe czc idpa magwell?). What else should I do?  Thinking Cagun pro and a flat trigger for SAO.  Any help would be appreciated 

That is a good gun to use!!

My son has a CZC 75 shadow, and I use a shadow 2 in IDPA CO. 

with both we use the CZ custom magwell. you will need to use the 18 round mags with thin base pads. I use the Metgar 17 round base pads an it work perfect (then you don't need the $20 aftermarket machined aluminum base pads).

Other option is from LOK Grips, they have a great new magwell option!

image0.jpeg

Edited by Andy9
add image

50 minutes ago, Runswithwood1 said:

Sp01s are a solid choice, that's my second favorite after my shadow 2, be careful with the sao, dude let me shoot his tac sport sao and it went off considerably sooner than i expected the shot to break 

All of my handguns have been set up to have what I think is a reasonable trigger pull for self defense. About 4 pounds. Including the guns I compete with. The one exception is my CZ Tac Sport that I shoot in USPSA. Never measured it but no more then 2 pounds I believe. But I have no issues using it. It came with that lighter trigger pull.

6 hours ago, MHicks said:

All of my handguns have been set up to have what I think is a reasonable trigger pull for self defense. About 4 pounds. Including the guns I compete with. The one exception is my CZ Tac Sport that I shoot in USPSA. Never measured it but no more then 2 pounds I believe. But I have no issues using it. It came with that lighter trigger pull.

Oh yeah it's a sweet trigger pull, just a little getting used to. I was almost scared to shoot it with how light and clean the break is. I'm sure itll sound taboo but I kinda prefer the cz trigger to a 19/2011

On 9/27/2023 at 11:50 AM, Peterock said:

How do the 19 rd cz mags fit into this equation?  Curious if the same base pads fit the 19s?

The 19 round is a 17 round mag tube with an extended base pad. it won't work with the CZC mag well. 

There are some base pads that will work with the 17 round and the LOK Grips magwell, including the base plates from LOK Grips. 

On 9/27/2023 at 11:24 AM, Racinready300ex said:

How much does it weight, and do they shoot low light matches/stages in your area.

If I'm setting up a gun for IDPA I like to have a WML as there are a couple level 2 and 3 matches around that'll do low light stages. The small ones aren't real heavy. 

My Shadow 2 set up for IDPA CO is 44.5 OZ 

So there isn't any room for a WML.  I wish there was, i have a TLR2 with a laser, that would be fun 👍