Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Certified match ammo in S2O

rowdyb

On 9/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, GeneBray said:

Never reamed any of the barrels in my CZs and never any issues re feeding or chambering using bullets from 95 hrs to 147 so far -- Jacketed, plated, and coated and never straight lead.  In the near future will experiment with >147.  Curious to see what happens there.  Just sayin' and know Everyone's MMV.

{Edit: Added comment on jacketed....}

Loaded dummy rounds with 165 gr X-treme RN.  COL 1.150". Plunk tested no issue in my 75 SP01s.  Curious as to COL and bullet style, manufacturer, and jacketed/plated/lead/coated (i.e., Blue Bullets, et al) for the 147s that won't chamber in an S2.

On 9/21/2023 at 6:22 PM, rowdyb said:

I've been away from competing seriously for over a year and half due to a major illness/injury. So just a reminder for myself and others....

Don't travel to a match without a spare gun.

Don't make any changes to your gun before a match unless you can extensively test them.

Check the zero of your gun as close as possible to the day your fly or drive out.

If you're using ammo you bought versus made, get extra and check it. No matter what. Function, chrono, grouping.

Don't "think" something is right or will work, but rather know.

Glad your well enough for a Nationals.  Wish you well.  I believe you said (or I saw you are in the Austin area.  I'm in Bryan).  Shoot Austin PS when I can.  Getting older and slower. But, still want to shoot and love the challenge of trying to get better.  Hope to see you at match someday in the future.  Need to get cataracts taken care of so shooting mostly PCC now.  Having issues for the first time in 24 years of competition with seeing iron sights the way I should.  Looking at an elongated focal length lense tailored for med- to distance and use glasses as needed for reading/close work.

Edited by GeneBray
Cleaned up typos and wording. Never could proof read what I write.

1 hour ago, GeneBray said:

Loaded dummy rounds with 165 gr X-treme RN.  COL 1.150". Plunk tested no issue in my 75 SP01s.  Curious as to COL and bullet style, manufacturer, and jacketed/plated/lead/coated (i.e., Blue Bullets, et al) for the 147s that won't chamber in an S2.

The following factory ammo did not pass the plunk test in my Accushadow 2:

Eley Minor 9 124 grain

Federal Syntech PCC 130 grain 

Precision One 135 grain competition

Federal American Eagle 147 grain

The following factory ammo did pass the plunk test in my Accushadow 2:

Blazer Brass 124 grain

Freedom Munitions 124 grain RN

Precision One 124 grain competition

I'm currently using the Precision One 124 grain competition ammo for USPSA matches and haven't tested any additional factory ammo.

I ran about 250 of it through my orange. It functioned great, but felt like a few rounds were a little soft. I didn’t chrono, since I was going to 115 or 124 loads. I think I may have it reamed if I decide to load 147. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 7:34 PM, rowdyb said:

Thank you to those who've wished me well. I do appreciate it and it makes the work easier.

good to see you back at it dude!

Curious, why wouldn't the cutter you used in an SP01 won't work in a Shadow 2 barrel? Or do you just not have that stuff anymore?

Edited by slavex