Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver cylinder chamfer question.

louu

I just got my gun back from Clark custom. I had pretty much everything done and I also asked for the cylinders to be opened all the way up for moon clips only. This is all they did. Can this edge where the arrow is be chamfered? I'm using 38 short colt starline brass and tk clips. 

Also is the center star thing (that makes the cylinder turn) supposed to be all bear up like that? This gun is brand new, less than 300 rounds. 20230903_145400.thumb.jpg.a8dbc41d218367748440996a074922d7.jpg

Llou,

I’m no expert so take this with a grain of salt. I recently had my 686 cut for moons to shoot in Limited 6. I took a small burnisher to lightly break the edge on the extractor. Not beveled, just broken so it’s not a sharp 90. Seems to work ok for me. Granted, there’s a lot more meat on a 6 banger than those fancy high speed 8 shooters. 

That will work fine if you use round nose bullets. They have to be full round nose, not round flat nose or round nose hollow point or anything with a flat end.  You can bevel that part if you want to, but then it won't extract loose rounds that aren't in a moon clip and they may break off, as mentioned above. They did the job correctly.

Edited by Toolguy