Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Production Legal Sights (advantage Tactical)

J.Bagakis

I guess that would classify as a "notch and post" type of sight. IMHO, I doubt there would be any advantage to this type of sighting system. Not sure how much you're willing to spend, but you should know that the most popular sights are the Dawson Precision adj rear/fiber optic front sights or the Heinie rear/Dawson front combo. Look to Dawson directly or check out Custom Glock Racing.

hope that helps

splashdown

Wow, those things are pretty nifty, I thnk they are copy of the mk1 sites from second episode of year one of Star Trek, you saw them right before the lava monster ate the guy in the red shirt, right before the first commercial....

I'm such a geek. :unsure:

I haven't shot them, but am guessing that the elevation would be difficult. The human eye can center something easily. I focus on my front sight and the rear is a blur, I just get equal amounts of light on both sides of the post. Again easy for the human eye.

In this design you must line up 3 different edges. The both of the rear notch much be focused to vertical sighting instead of just putting the top of the post even with both sides.

Again, I would have to shoot it to see how easily it lines up, but it doesn't seem like it would work with the way the eye works as well as a notch and post.

They look like a variation of the Steyr trapezoid sights. They take a little getting used to, but I've found that they are very quick to acquire (the Steyr sights, that is). They are also very similar to the Sure Fire sights, except that just puts the point on the triangle...only two places to align.

Personally, I wouldn't buy them until they learn how to spell "Sig Sauer" properly!

Jim

Most local match directors aren't sticklers about different kinds of sights. Besides, you can make a strong case that they are, in fact, notch and post.

I have a set of trapezoidal sights on a Steyr. They're quick to acquire at close range -- much quicker than notch and post -- but accuracy degrades big time around 12-15 yds. Accuracy also degrades quickly during rapid fire.

Lining up the triangle and small rear notch on these sights would seem to be slow, especially during movement and rapid fire. But, I may be wrong. Let us know how it works out.

The only kind of sights that I can think of that are not notch and post would be a ring rear and/or a ring front. The extreme of this would be rings at both the front and rear of the gun ala the JP doodads seen here: http://www.jprifles.com/DoubleRingSights.html

A post's shape doesn't determine whether or not it's a post. A notch is a notch unless it's a hole (i.e. an "enclosed notch").